What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

On 9/3/2022 at 9:46 PM, BizCT said:

He’s never heard the word wedge before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never heard of a wedge, but I remember when one of my buddies gave me a "wedgie"...I could sing soprano for a week after that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Brunch with the GF today. Made apple pancakes, some homemade smoked sausage, and made scotch eggs for the first time with a little country pepper gravy.

Scotch eggs were very good but still need to perfect that. My oil was too hot to start so they got darker than I wanted and sausage needed 1 minute more. So had to throw them in the oven to finish so in doing that lost my slightly runny yoke I wanted. Still ended up very good but will have to try it again. 6fc5d73ad8fa40b5c5c4dcdd82a9ed8c.jpg0b62c8bdbf00c088e1ca909438364092.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Brunch with the GF today. Made apple pancakes, some homemade smoked sausage, and made scotch eggs for the first time with a little country pepper gravy.

Scotch eggs were very good but still need to perfect that. My oil was too hot to start so they got darker than I wanted and sausage needed 1 minute more. So had to throw them in the oven to finish so in doing that lost my slightly runny yoke I wanted. Still ended up very good but will have to try it again. 6fc5d73ad8fa40b5c5c4dcdd82a9ed8c.jpg0b62c8bdbf00c088e1ca909438364092.jpg

Funny, Rob....I never heard of Scotch Eggs in my life until yesterday at a family gettogether when  my BIL's son told me about them....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

A wedge to me is a salad ......

Tacks they also drink "pop" up there in CT and that makes no sense either. And they prob never fished a "crick" before. They don't know.

The locals drink "pop" down here in Lower Dogpatch,  but there are hundreds of "criks" around...

Funny, Rob....I never heard of Scotch Eggs in my life until yesterday at a family gettogether when  my BIL's son told me about them....
Been wanting to try making them. It seemed tough to hit the right times of cook on them , but even though I had to do a little extra oven time they were really good.

A wedge to me is a salad ......

Tacks they also drink "pop" up there in CT and that makes no sense either. And they prob never fished a "crick" before. They don't know.

Pop is a WNy term for sure. Only my WNy native old timers family say pop. Everyone else in the world says soda. But none of us drink it. Soda is garbage

Pop is a WNy term for sure. Only my WNy native old timers family say pop. Everyone else in the world says soda. But none of us drink it. Soda is garbage

First time someone in Ireland asked me if I wanted to step outside and suck a fag I almost ended up in a fistfight.
Fags=cigarettes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, crappyice said:

First time someone in Ireland asked me if I wanted to step outside and suck a fag I almost ended up in a fistfight.
Fags=cigarettes

How disappointed were you when you got outside?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

It blows my mind they don’t know what a wedge is… and a sub tray is just silly 6 footer is where it’s at

So do they cut up the 6 footer.....or do you toss it on your ladder rack to get it home?? Sub tray is way more civil.....nicely cut up and layed out for easy transportation and consumption.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 9/4/2022 at 8:20 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Truly hadn't. Ive heard sub, hoagie, grinder, hero, but never wedge

So to complicate the Sub , Hoagie , Grinder , Hero , and Wedge dilemma even more :

A few years ago a contractor I know asked me to reconstruct a set of stairs in a flip house he was working on in Mass to build it to code . He didn't know how because it was an older house with an L shape set of stairs . So I went and built it for him .  I passed this ' Sub " shop a mile or so from the job that had a sign " Home Of The Submarine " in front. At lunch I called there and ordered a Steak and Cheese " Sub " .  I got there and the guy hands me a 3ft " Sub " . I said I didn't expect anything like this. He says " That is the size of our Submarines !  Oh I bet you wanted a " Torpedo " which is 12".  But you ordered a " Submarine "  . Well guess what I ate for Lunch , Dinner , AND Lunch again the next day !  :rolleyes: Now I always ask how big is the " Sub " !

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 1

I first heard pop when I lived in Chicago in 1977, had no clue what they were talking about

So do they cut up the 6 footer.....or do you toss it on your ladder rack to get it home?? Sub tray is way more civil.....nicely cut up and layed out for easy transportation and consumption.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

It's cut up. You saw the pic. That was a 3 footer. Half was italian combo, the other half was "angelo" - chicken cutlet, mozz, roasted red peppers, etc. Or some places now do circle wedges so you can save room. I'll dig up a pic of ones I've gotten.

Edit - 2 pics added

2852dc4770c3360d9339d7cc77600fb1.jpg
493527ea79ab6520590d8c73125e2309.jpg Edited by BizCT

It's cut up. You saw the pic. That was a 3 footer. Half was italian combo, the other half was "angelo" - chicken cutlet, mozz, roasted red peppers, etc. Or some places now do circle wedges so you can save room. I'll dig up a pic of ones I've gotten.

Edit - 2 pics added

493527ea79ab6520590d8c73125e2309.jpg

Nothing better than a straight 6'er.
The round May be more convenient but it's lacking in presence and majesty!

• Like 2

Edit - 2 pics added

493527ea79ab6520590d8c73125e2309.jpg
Those are Bundtwiches.