What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Forgot to take a pic. Went out to our favorite place the Pancake house in Sylvan beach for brunch on the outside dining area as it was so nice, and had eggs, crab cakes, home fries and ham. GF had ham, eggs and Utica greens. Went there after a hike with the dogs thru Verona Beach state park. Then out to Cackleberry castle pumpkin farm and then watched the new Halloween movie. A full fall day.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Something soft, they pulled a molar yesterday. The Dentist was a female , is that even legal ? Tooth broke took her a half and hour of screwing around to get it out . Plus side she bow hunts ,and has a cabin built out of logs felled and hewned from the property.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Wife made Shepard’s pie.  Used ground doe, potatoes, corn, peas, and garlic.  Was pretty good:

917E5258-46B6-4ED8-94CD-F42BD3C1E45D.thumb.jpeg.15fb19971f48aa539f3ee9c3d4706eae.jpeg

That looks good Wolc!  

My wife’s father make a Quebec style Shepard’s pie called Pate Chinois.  (I always thought that translated to “Shit in a Pot” but apparently it means “Chinese Pie”.)  It was his one dinner dish to make on a week long fishing trip in Quebec and was actually pretty good.   He usually used ground beef, but I’m sure venison would work just as well, if not better. 

https://www.tasteatlas.com/pate-chinois

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Otto said:

That looks good Wolc!  

My wife’s father make a Quebec style Shepard’s pie called Pate Chinois.  (I always thought that translated to “Shit in a Pot” but apparently it means “Chinese Pie”.)  It was his one dinner dish to make on a week long fishing trip in Quebec and was actually pretty good.   He usually used ground beef, but I’m sure venison would work just as well, if not better. 

https://www.tasteatlas.com/pate-chinois

It definitely was and I can’t wait for leftovers for lunch at work tomorrow.  She copied the recipe from the “Blue Apron” food service, which she usually  gets for us (2) or (3) times a week. Most of the time, the meats in the meals that she gets from them is chicken, pork, or seafood.  Whenever it is one with beef, she substitutes venison, the next time she makes it.  

I definitely liked the Shepard’s pie better, when she used the ground venison.  Also, our silver queen sweetcorn, that she used this time, was better than whatever sweetcorn Blue Apron sent.