What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

You guys are going to be disappointed in me............ahh never mind, it ain't good.

Ok I'll tell ya: chocolate chip pancakes and fried bacon with Dinsdale Brand REAL HOMEMADE maple syrup.

It was delicious!! Even though I was exhausted from a morning of fishing on the river then a small job in Lockport in the afternoon I still had (maybe a auger high??) enough energy to pull the wheels and hubs off the boat trailer. I needed to re-pack them but when I got them off and cleaned up I think I'll replace the bearings as they look like chicken chow mein......

Edited by Lawdwaz

Tonight we are grilling chicken breasts that were marinated in garlic herb wine marinade overnight. Served with Chinese stir fired home grown snow peas and a garden fresh cole slaw. For desert a little French vanilla ice cream with a shot of homemade dark amber syrup.

• Like 1

Made a venison roast on the girl the other day. Seasoned with dry rub, over night. Seared it on a hot grill & then wrapped it in foil and left it on the grill ar low/medium heat for about 2 hours. It fell right apart. Had it with roasted potatoes & fresh green beens.    Good stuff. No left overs.

• Like 3

Made a venison roast on the girl the other day. Seasoned with dry rub, over night. Seared it on a hot grill & then wrapped it in foil and left it on the grill ar low/medium heat for about 2 hours. It fell right apart. Had it with roasted potatoes & fresh green beens.    Good stuff. No left overs.

Just to clarify……I didn't cook it on the "GIRL" ..that would piss her right off…I meant GRILL>>>>

• Like 2

Grilled lamb chops with mint jelly, and from the garden French breakfast radishes, zucchini Genoa style, stir fried snow peas plus a little Italian Sangiovese to aid the digestion and celebrate being alive!

Edited by adkbuck

I made a big pot of chicken soup with meatballs last night and I stopped and got a fresh loaf of Italian bread to go with it. Then I find out that everyone,except me, had plans around dinner time, so no one was home to eat it. Guess what they're having tonight.

No home made pizza here I can cook anything in the crock pot or on the grill besides that I'm not much of a cook lol

Do you have a smoker? I basically never cooked until getting a smoker last year for Father's Day. Now I'm using it weekly. Smoked trout for BLT's , venison (chope or steaks) cut into bite sized pieces, dry rubbed, dab of cream cheese and wrapped in bacon, banana peppers stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar cheese mix, dry rubbed wild turkey breast marinated in oj and italian dressing wrapped in bacon, beer can chicken, wings etc. For those of you who don't have a smoker, you need one,lol. Lowes has a Master Forge (dark green ) and identical to Weber ($300) for $60. That and a chimney to start coals is all you need. Thought I was getting in over my head but its a cinch. Nothing better than something coming off the smoker IMO

I don't have a smoker but I was at my wife's cousins house two weeks ago and he had a brisket in the smoker for something like 9 hrs and that brisket was so dam good I told him I might have to put a smoker on my xmas list

I don't have a smoker but I was at my wife's cousins house two weeks ago and he had a brisket in the smoker for something like 9 hrs and that brisket was so dam good I told him I might have to put a smoker on my xmas list

Get the one I mentioned. Keep in mind the longer the food takes to cook the more beer you drink waiting  :fie: