What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

I'll look into the Master Forge. Thanks for the recommendation!

I've never had a real smoker, just the weber kettle. Works great for hot smoking using indirect heat, but limited rack space.

I'm thinking about partially smoking some venison this year before I freeze it. Like the steaks that I use for stews, and the roasts, both of which end up in the crock when it's miserable and cold outside. Just thinking it would add a nice flavor to the mix and help me to think of summer when it's zero degrees out.

Any thoughts on this idea?

Tooks some chop meat out last night and put it into the fridge...When I cam home from work it still wasn't completely thawed out so used a portion that was thawed and made a nice fat burger with raw red onion melted cheddar cheese with sweet baby rays bbq sauce on a toasted bun....Tomorrow sloppy Joes await. Still have some meat left in the freezer so there will be a lot of venison eaten between now and October......no complaints here though.

I'll look into the Master Forge. Thanks for the recommendation!

I've never had a real smoker, just the weber kettle. Works great for hot smoking using indirect heat, but limited rack space.

I'm thinking about partially smoking some venison this year before I freeze it. Like the steaks that I use for stews, and the roasts, both of which end up in the crock when it's miserable and cold outside. Just thinking it would add a nice flavor to the mix and help me to think of summer when it's zero degrees out.

Any thoughts on this idea?

I would look into freezing for at least 30 days, I remember reading somewhere that freezing meat for 30 days will kill some of the bad guys that could be it the raw meat. Just a thought. I often add some liquid smoke to the crock pot for the flavor but there is nothing like a good bark on a venison roast.

• Like 1

Had venison dogs made with cheese and Jalapenos on Thursday after hockey. Grilled in the parking lot, tailgating with some buds. Oh yes there were plenty of cold ones :drinks:   We do this 2-3 times during the summer. There are about 5-6 guys I play hockey with that are hunters so the stories never end! Great bunch of guys all 50+ years old and still kicking butt on the ice! :aggressive:

Had the dogs made at Bond's in Springville, they are great!

Edited by gonehntn
  • Like 2

Bond's does an awesome job with venison!!

Leftovers for me tonight from yesterday's party. An annual get-together at a friend's house.

I cooked 96 cheeseburgers and 125 hotdogs in three hours on three grills. And everyone brought a dish to pass.

And there was beer! Great party!

I could use a little roughage right now.

Took my little lady to bath & bodyworks, a movie and TGIFridays for our 7th anniversary.

I had Ahi tuna, a monster avocado/chicken yucatan salad and some Sam Adams Octoberfest. She went traditional with Jack Daniels glazed steak & lobster tail

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Had grilled chicken breasts…...Add some Bucks BB-Q rub and let the set for an hour. Sear them on the girl ( I mean grill) Then put them in foil add hot banana peppers and a some of the juice from the jar.  Seal up the foil and cook on medium heat for  about 1/2 hour 45 mins. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...