What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Nice tablecloth! I haven't seen a tablecloth since my 7th birthday in 1991 at my grandparents house. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why you little F*%$, it's there to protect the fine poplar table top of course............

You can still GFY.  :)

• Like 1

Happy Fat Tuesday

Ha! that explains it! I like baking about as much as cooking...besides I don't eat it...But yesterday I got in the "mood" and whipped up batches of Mr B's favorite cookies...walnut Chocolate chip, cherry oatmeal, and chunky peanut butter...then made jello for dessert....left some for him and froze the rest in quart bags for him. I put a Happy Early Valentines note on the container for him to see when he came through the door last night.

Ya the ppl that built this place shopped at the same place...though mine is bricks...lol...the House built from "Mr Seconds" and I could care less! Out side most of the time anyways and never felt a need to impress anyone....Though I do miss the kitchen I designed at our Avon home...a lot.

I know I said no pics...but he told me to take this..

Mr B wanted a chef salad for dinner..now you have to know  it is a running joke about how big I make his regular dinner side salads. I love salads and a chef salad is a great frig cleaner ,as it were. So this being his dinner I got out the big bowl(a pasta bowl) he just said WTH I'm not 30 anymore made me take a picture...then ate the entire thing...the first pic shows his chef salad bowl compared to mine...and I was stuffed...lol

PS... he was still full this morning...

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I know I said no pics...but he told me to take this..

Mr B wanted a chef salad for dinner..now you have to know  it is a running joke about how big I make his regular dinner side salads. I love salads and a chef salad is a great frig cleaner ,as it were. So this being his dinner I got out the big bowl(a pasta bowl) he just said WTH I'm not 30 anymore made me take a picture...then ate the entire thing...the first pic shows his chef salad bowl compared to mine...and I was stuffed...lol

PS... he was still full this morning...

Nice table cloth.......... :)

• Like 3

howd you prepare it ? Looks perfectly cooked as well.

I think that one was just rubbed with some garlic and herb seasoning. I get a cast iron pan very hot, add oil and butter, and sear all the sides of the loin (about 2-3 mins per side i think, or until it just looks right with a thin brown crust). The seasoning flavor does well in the high heat and doesn't taste burnt.

Maybe most importantly, take the loin out of the pan and let it sit on your cutting board for at least 7-8 minutes before cutting. Cut any sooner and all the juices just run right out.

• Like 2

Well not dinner I just made a killer batch of jerky 200 degrees in the oven , door ajar. Marinated overnight Store bought mix but I doctor it up a bit

That's the same way I make jerky. No dehydrator so I just use the oven, low & slow right on the racks with a drip pan. I use a little Worcestershire and then my own spices for a marinade.

Tonight was another fusion style dinner. A soup made with pork, shrimp, onions, and mushrooms, chili powder, hot curry powder, and a few other spices. Wide lo mein noodles, garnished with bean sprouts. I also used some ripened jalapeno slices from a batch I made last summer. Man those suckers are hot. LOL

Steamed veggies on the side.

post-5489-0-03441100-1455236812_thumb.jp

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 2