What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Ok Elmo, here's my recipe, super simple. 

1 or 2 boneless roasts from hind quarter(or neck roast or whatever venison you want to use)

Put venison in crock pot. Use 1 or 2 packages of Onion soup mix or French onion soup mix(Lipton or Knorr)

The soup mix says add 4 cups of water per package. I always use 3 cups of water and 1 cup of red table wine (Tug Boat Red table wine from NYS)

Cook on high for no less  than 2.5 to 3 hours. Then add whatever veggies you want. I add fresh onion, potatoes, celery, and carrots. Keep cooking on high in the crock pot for another 3 hours or until veggies are fork tender. Pull out the roast or meat and cut to desired size or pull apart. 

Last step is to make a rue, flour and water, or melted butter and flour, and use it to thicken the soup mix for a gravy. I dice up some scallions and sprinkle on top and grab some good bread and butter and enjoy. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Elmo said:

@Zem18 - Thanks for the recipe.  So you don't cut up the meat before throwing it into the crock pot?  Will definitely give this a try one of these weekends.

Yes I have made it with cubed venison before as well. With smaller cubes of meat, you may have to adjust cook time a touch or heat on low to start, then add veggies and switch crockpot to high. Let me know how it turns out and take pics.

• Like 1

OMG...I do not have to cook!...I just sent Mr B off with half our hard goods...a bunch of refrigerator goods and a big vacuum packed bag of fresh deer chops for him and the boys to eat. Aaaaahhh this is my only vacation time I'm going to make a salad...fix myself a drink and soak in a hot tub of water......after I get all my gun hunting gear re washed dried and out side....

Wild turkey breast marinated in oj , crushed red pepper , Italian dressing and dry rub. Wrapped in bacon of course. Venison steaks cut into bite sized pieces , dry rubbed and wrapped in bacon. Smoked with apple wood and both shot 100 yards from where daughter and I will be sitting tomorrow 558292a19497fe411a2e39acd6763d7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3