What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

The bufflehead is postponed due to working late and having a mighty taco craving. What I usually do is take the breasts and marinate for a couple days in favorite dressing. Then you can wrap in bacon and grill, or you stuff with cheese and fry after breading them. Both delicious, I believe the marinating is the most important part. 

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Yelling goat. Got my mom (90 years old ) and sister in from Long Island to go along. Mom tried some berbere wings and the calzone. I got a blue cheese burger. 3cf68bab6c7d6d3e2f5383f06e56558f.jpg8ba12e1cf3b2575949fa99e62e3c7407.jpg341ce4f0d2092ef657a36096c2d3b3c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calzone is huge, no way that she ate that?

• Like 3

Had our first (as in first ever) home cooked venison roast tonight, using a recipe found on the internet.  I trimmed the meat really well (and gave the sauteed scraps to my mini-dachshund). Marinated the meat all day in a mix of ketchup, bbq sauce, steak sauce, olive oil, some other stuff.. Pan fried it with onions and porcini mushrooms.. Sides of mashed potatos, peas, a baguette, a nice avocado/kale salad.. I'll just say.. there were NO leftovers for the dog.  

• Like 2

Braised short ribs on some kind of beer marinade. Couldn't really hear the waiter. It was the special of the day at Zero Otto. Don't really like the place but some how it's the 3rd time I've been there. Mainly because I don't know Arthur Ave that well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4cee02bf4f756b334190bac24dc28881.jpg
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, OldNewbie said:

TF- Looks dang good. Do you make it just like regular chili only substitute ground venison?  Do you mix a little ground beef in with the ground venison?

All ground venison with no pork added to it. Regular chili recipe. I like to add some heat with spices and a cup of sugar to it   You get spicy at first followed by a little sweet.