What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

On 10/18/2017 at 5:13 PM, GreeneHunter said:

Just finished a Venison Backstrap and small Venison Steak-n-onions from my first bow kill yesterday and a bowl of Chicken Tortellini Soup !

BackStrap.jpg

First bow-kill ever, or first for the year? It's a small difference, but you never forget your first ever. Looks very tasty either way.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Venison stew meat sautéed mushrooms and garlic cloves with some rice and green beans. Gonna throw it in some beef stock and have a soup/stew. This is what I like to refer to as a left overs dinner. Just trying to use things up before they go bad. fdefe1b76d6f4cf7cb1c4425a0406ac4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Grandmother would serve something similar on the farm on Friday nights. Either a casserole or a pot-pie setup. Everything leftover from the week went into it so you knew it would be good one way or the other. I worked really hard with my brothers and cousins on that farm, but we were like a horde of locusts at mealtime. I don't know how they made any money after feeding us, but being Italian, feeding us was what mattered.

• Like 1

My Grandmother would serve something similar on the farm on Friday nights. Either a casserole or a pot-pie setup. Everything leftover from the week went into it so you knew it would be good one way or the other. I worked really hard with my brothers and cousins on that farm, but we were like a horde of locusts at mealtime. I don't know how they made any money after feeding us, but being Italian, feeding us was what mattered.

I hate throwing food out. I’ll figure out one way or another how to repurpose it into another meal.

I know people that refuse to eat leftovers and waste so much food and money it’s a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1