What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

That looks really good. Care to share how you made it ? 

Yes, VERY simple.  

Big pot of water

add roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of the pot full of sliced potatoes(about half the size of homefries).

I added 3 links of sweet italian sausage,  take it out of the casing,  and crumble it into small pieces(peanut M&M sizes).

Add chicken bouillon powder, to taste, not to the point of chicken soup though. 

Add chopped spinach, fresh, or frozen block is fine.  

Once potatoes, and sausage is cooked through,  add a pinch of salt if needed, and black papper.  Remember,  chicken bouillon is salty, so be careful.  

Once this is all finished, add a little heavy cream to desired consistency.   I like to add heavy cream to thicken it just a pinch,  so its not water-like consistency.

I basically wing it, my dad makes this, he had it YEARS ago in a restaurant, and liked it, so he figured it out in his head by taste.   I add all the products as I go, to what tastes best to however much of each I add, if that makes sense.

Very simple though, come to think of it, I forgot onion in my batch lol.  I thinj my dad adds a small onion.

I hope this helped.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Did you stop at Aurora Brewworks right next door ?   Jeesh, put some hot sauce on those wings ! And where's the beef on weck too ?

Working lunch lol didn’t stop at Brew works. Medium extra crispy perfect. Didn’t get the wecj this time around 

23 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Did some wings with sous vide. Finished under broiler to crisp. Some Franks hot sauce and a few Rufus Tigues BBQ. Round 1 for daughter. The Mrs and I will indulge later in round 2 25561974301b31046970ed4ba4810868.jpg5447192c7152d2af77497d24a5aef1ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sous vide steaks always look great but I just can't imagine wings that are not deep fried!  No pic, but had some fresh butterflied backstraps left over from dinner for lunch with lima beans (which I love but most seems to dislike - don't get it).  I like to shoot big bucks, but this little guy tasted spectacular!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Sous vide steaks always look great but I just can't imagine wings that are not deep fried!  No pic, but had some fresh butterflied backstraps left over from dinner for lunch with lima beans (which I love but most seems to dislike - don't get it).  I like to shoot big bucks, but this little guy tasted spectacular!

If my superpower was eating ( and it just might be) the Lima bean would be my kryptonite.  Blah. I like almost anything but Lima beans.......nope. not on a plane, not on a train, not in the rain,.....nope. lol. Glad there weren't any pics even. 

• Like 3