What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

If my superpower was eating ( and it just might be) the Lima bean would be my kryptonite.  Blah. I like almost anything but Lima beans.......nope. not on a plane, not on a train, not in the rain,.....nope. lol. Glad there weren't any pics even. 

I love Lima beans but girls don’t. Little butter and dash of black pepper. Yes please. But butter beans with a dash of vinegar are even better   Yup , no go with girls part 2.  

9 minutes ago, Dom said:

TF what is that device/tool that is in the water?

That’s the Anova sous vide. It is a new or at least new hip way to cook. Steaks , chicken , veggies , wings , corn on the cob , salmon , poached eggs are amazing cooked with it. Ex : wings were done at 145 degrees in 2.5 hours and finished under broiler. You put whatever you’re cooking in a ziplock bag and squeeze out air. Finish meats with a quick pan sear.  No venison steak can compare to sous vide with a quick pan sear. $120 on Amazon.  Chefhunter may chime in on this too. Think Jerkman as well. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

If my superpower was eating ( and it just might be) the Lima bean would be my kryptonite.  Blah. I like almost anything but Lima beans.......nope. not on a plane, not on a train, not in the rain,.....nope. lol. Glad there weren't any pics even. 

Salt and a little butter and I will eat a whole frozen bag.  And usually do since my kids and wife agree with you.  

Cubed fresh chicken breast...sauteed in  olive oil with a pat of butter. Add 8oz.chunked portabella,onion,garlic,and 2 roasted red peppers chunked. Seasoned with a dash of Cumin  and garlic,then drizzled . Lightly with yogurt garlic dressing..heat through til chicken is done,mashed  sweet potato with cinnamon and green beans...started with a mixed green salad.

• Like 5

Dark to dark so Yelling Goat for the girls and I plus daughters boyfriend. Queso fundido. Berbere wings and steak pizza 668870fccaa78461101c8b528036af7e.jpg&key=b07fe71ee068a090d18107f059d2c4212866f0f28d273ab15de567c488e71c439992757d6f0e9d9af1d8c07bfb5b2a29.jpg&key=d2d13d727d1e1d1f050e80dd83d7a25d0f4799b595d44e1ff06c489a7a79757a2d5626dee0abe08be72b04ad650ef305.jpg&key=0d4ba2be4d0a9e64fa370bf44d110fefad4f1993440a10fc8c781883094ee3ee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be on their payroll! Lotta free advertising they get lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You should be on their payroll! Lotta free advertising they get lol

Place was slamming. People waiting to put their name in for wait for a table. Owner whispers to hostess these folks had reservations and winked  at her. We sat down immediately. Schweeeet ! 

• Like 4

That’s the Anova sous vide. It is a new or at least new hip way to cook. Steaks , chicken , veggies , wings , corn on the cob , salmon , poached eggs are amazing cooked with it. Ex : wings were done at 145 degrees in 2.5 hours and finished under broiler. You put whatever you’re cooking in a ziplock bag and squeeze out air. Finish meats with a quick pan sear.  No venison steak can compare to sous vide with a quick pan sear. $120 on Amazon.  Chefhunter may chime in on this too. Think Jerkman as well. 

It’s amazing I use mine all the time..... where else can you make medium rare pot roast..... wrap your head around that one.

I broke out he fryer tonight...French fries for my daughter who eats nothing but carbs(she’s 75lbs at 13-lucky!!); some wings and mozzarella sticks(neither in pic). Panelle sandwiches pictured. Panelle are made from chick pea flour, topped with fresh ricotta cheese and melted shaved Parm in a toasted roll. And old time Italian street food that I grew up on when visiting grandma in Brooklyn- always served with a Manhattan Special (espresso soda!).
0a591ee9dcee7b603725159947a4f822.jpg

• Like 1