What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

1 minute ago, DDT said:

Smoked a bacon wrapped venison sausage fatty. Stuffed with spinach, cheeses, mushrooms and onions.

Bacon wrapped venison and onion rings.IMG_20171223_182524199.thumb.jpg.872f78a63e1ac75d760e2775da888b7c.jpgIMG_20171223_182734635.thumb.jpg.c8ad198773f31e297dbcd6355558f93b.jpg

Damn, that looks awesome!  You had to post this right before my bed time, huh?  Now I want to raid the fridge!  :haha:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

Damn, that looks awesome!  You had to post this right before my bed time, huh?  Now I want to raid the fridge!  :haha:

I forget the canoli pie too. I couldn't eat another bite. Was good but probably not as good as Water Rats...

Working on my annual contribution to Christmas Eve at my aunts.... braised venison shank.... im the only hunter in attendance every year. I brought this once about 5 years ago and now it’s a favorite and expected every year 7a37aaae891ef7482ae56414d94bbc65.jpg&key=efde8e5564e2e85174c63f379ac4b4da669e644c7851c7325c805c67ff4d5aa3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long does that puppy cook for? What’s in the pan beside the regular onion carrot celery?

• Like 1

How long does that puppy cook for? What’s in the pan beside the regular onion carrot celery?

45 min in a pressure cooker.... carrot celery onion thyme ground tomato beef broth salt and pepper

A couple days ago 2012_taco gave me a container of some venison shoulder he made.  IIRC he did both whole shoulders in a big slow cooker with a bottle of red wine, peppers, onions etc.  Cooked all day........

Man was that good.  Maybe he'll chime in with more details and pics??

If I can break an old habit, I'll hold on the lungs from now on instead of the front running gear. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Need this recipe. How to....looks amazing

Just got back from camp, all that want recipe:

We add seasoning and grated cheddar to the venison to taste before making the rings.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bacon+wrapped+meat+filled+onion+rings&view=detail&mid=58718637BFFA4B5E875458718637BFFA4B5E8754&FORM=VRRTAP

The fatty, same goes for the meat overlay and filling. Use what you like!

http://www.smoking-meat.com/january-2010-bacon-wrapped-stuffed-sausage-fatty

The way I see it, using the lean venison offsets the bacon fat! At least that's what I tell myself.

• Thanks 1

Annual Chrisrmas Eve dinner party next door with my neighbors.  No wide angle lens on my cell to capture the King's spread they put out: Prime rib, calamari, homemade pastas, sausage and meatballs, a metric ton of hors d'ourves and literally 9 trays of Christmas cookies.  Pretty sure I could fit into the red suit now! 

• Like 2