What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

I’d like to also offer the Beechmont in New Rochelle or Piper’s Kilt (hard to beat their burgers too) in Eastchester as Westchester wing options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d agree with pipers

You need to try candlelight inn in Scarsdale

Yea that dump has really good wings. Historic landmark type of place.

Do any of you remember a place called Norm’s in Brewster? I remember going in high school on Monday nights for 20 cent wings. They were small My friends I would all get 30 each but I remember them being amazing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Wife makes a killer guac. On a whim went to Jack Astor’s at the mall. Guacamole with minced peanuts , feta cheese , cilantro, hoisin drizzle , sashimi tuna. Pretty good I gotta say d15df86d06ec895ea43721017487b557.jpg

Looks awfully fancy lol.  I would defintely try that though.

I always enjoy the food pics you share 

Edited by Bionic

Went to visit my buddy and his wife last night ,I made bacon wrapped backstrap with cream cheese and jalapenos. 
20171229_212437.thumb.jpg.0fe6e2c2ec16b8608861e947b620dd6a.jpg

Do you cook venison on grill first or does venison and bacon all go into oven raw? Is it a mess in oven? My wife would like this minus the peppers and Cc.

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Do you cook venison on grill first or does venison and bacon all go into oven raw? Is it a mess in oven? My wife would like this minus the peppers and Cc.

I had to partially cook the bacon first , cook to long and it won't be flexible to wrap with. Just laid the bacon out and put a piece of strap on there (about 3/8 thick) peppers and used a sandwich bag with the corner cut off to squeeze the cream cheese on . I preheated the oven the 375 and i think it ended up taking about 8 minutes maybe . I checked it a few times and took them out once the backstrap was at 145 degrees.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I had to partially cook the bacon first , cook to long and it won't be flexible to wrap with. Just laid the bacon out and put a piece of strap on there (about 3/8 thick) peppers and used a sandwich bag with the corner cut off to squeeze the cream cheese on . I preheated the oven the 375 and i think it ended up taking about 8 minutes maybe . I checked it a few times and took them out once the backstrap was at 145 degrees.  

The smoker works stellar too   I haven't used jalapenos in their entirety but have used minced fine ones added to regular cream cheese when out of jalapeno cream cheese. Dinorocks turned me on to this recipe years ago. Glad you guys like it. Sometimes water chestnut slices added for a little crunch too. Taco Tim used on a wild turkey bites and I followed in suit  Really good as well

I wrap bacon un partially cooked ( about a third of a piece and wrap tight)  No mess Biz    Just put a drip pan or baking sheet under tray to catch any bacon drippings

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Thx guys. I never buy bacon, so any brand to stay away from or to target? Also can I simply wrap venison in bacon and throw on grill?

Boarshead bacon is great less fatt,Why everything you cook has to be grilled your not afraid of cleaning up your kitchen are you?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Thx guys. I never buy bacon, so any brand to stay away from or to target? Also can I simply wrap venison in bacon and throw on grill?

I like my venison med rare , the bacon is not done while the venison is ,thats why i cook the bacon first for a little bit.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Bacon will flare up on grill with the drippings   Been there ,done that. I had powdered bacon in seconds flat. It'll burn quicker than my 777 pellets on the last dying hour of ML season. Oh wait, that powder never burned^_^

Mowin has 55 pounds of killer looking bacon    Just sayin"          Go thicker imo though  Cheap stuff pulls apart too easily with too much fat like dom said

I'm having pan seared walleye filets and a tossed salad washed down with Genny Light...

A buddy gave me some of his homemade sauerkraut and I mixed up a sauerkraut salad this morning, bit it needs to marinate in the fridge for a couple of days before I eat it...

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I'm having pan seared walleye filets and a tossed salad washed down with Genny Light...

A buddy gave me some of his homemade sauerkraut and I mixed up a sauerkraut salad this morning, bit it needs to marinate in the fridge for a couple of days before I eat it...

I have some walleye and perch in the freezer, great meal in the winter when the boat is in storage.