What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Lunch was my birthday boys’ request- chicken Caesar salad wraps(should have been quiche- just as effeminate!!). Pigs in a blanket and buffalo chicken dip for game two- WHO the hell schedules CYO basketball on championship Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

That wine is the wine equivalent to keystone.... I’d rather drink boonsfarm then that stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beg to differ  That wine was and is quite good actually   87 rating    Expensive wine over $20 is wasted on me anyhow

Edited by turkeyfeathers

13 minutes ago, Dom said:

Cooking up a pot of great Northern Beans flavored with hamhocks carrots and onions served with Italian bread and butter.

that reminds me of my Dad at camp.  Something he would have simmering all day and youd swear it was the best meal you ever had.  He made a pot of venison stew with wild mushrooms he picked and cooked it over the wood stove.  To this day - best meal ever. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

that reminds me of my Dad at camp.  Something he would have simmering all day and youd swear it was the best meal you ever had.  He made a pot of venison stew with wild mushrooms he picked and cooked it over the wood stove.  To this day - best meal ever. 

That is where I get my cooking from My Dad,he put together some awesome meals no matter how many times I try to make or cook what he did it still never the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dom said:

That is where I get my cooking from My Dad,he put together some awesome meals no matter how many times I try to make or cook what he did it still never the same.

same here.  My Dad started out as a cook in the army, then worked a bunch of places when he got back from overseas.  He was a cook at a place in California where he cooked for the Cisco Kid and Poncho, they became friends and they took him out for a night on the town a couple of times.  Then he later was a chef for some fancy restaurant in lake George and the head chef at Colgate college for a while.  Everywhere we ever went and took food - he was the star!  

35 minutes ago, Dom said:

Cooking up a pot of great Northern Beans flavored with hamhocks carrots and onions served with Italian bread and butter.

Yesterday I made northern beans and ham soup with my own pork stock made from pork neck bones and feet. Not bad. Eating it now.

• Like 1

This morning I cooked some Merguez venison sausage I had made a while back. Not nearly as spicy as I thought it would be. At the back end I thought I tasted cinnamon, but it must have be the cumin. Not bad. I think this would go well with an Arrabiata sauce (or a cous cous with a spicy broth, of course).

y4m9MT2E4I3KCBQx-iwl7aAyGIpZ8GUWKOMsG6jg

I followed the recipe for the Merguez from here , but think I will try a more exotic blend of spices next time.

• Like 2