What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Not having for dinner but just made a batch of Amish mustard pickled eggs with jalapenos.  Great with some venison snack sticks and a beer after walleye fishing or turkey hunting .  Which has to happen soon....

rps20180317_151036.jpg

How long before you’re blaming the dog for having gas ?! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Not having for dinner but just made a batch of Amish mustard pickled eggs with jalapenos.  Great with some venison snack sticks and a beer after walleye fishing or turkey hunting .  Which has to happen soon....

rps20180317_151036.jpg

They look fantastic!  Wow

Corned beef and cabbage done in the Instapot.1hour and 40 minutes start to finish,not sure I like cooking cornedbeef this way seems like the brisket will be one of to things over cooked or not cooked enough.

• Like 2

Corned Venison with Roasted Potatoes, carrots and onions. Turned out pretty dam good, even my wife had seconds helpings. Can't wait for Corned Venison sandwiches tomorrow!
b3871e48c9f40bf10df6ef131afb7ab2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

rps20180317_151036.jpg

Tell us more, how much to you add to it?

Rare night out for dinner with only mrs TF
Amuse bouche. Slice of beet , balsamic reduction with a little goat cheese. Popovers , calamari with with diablo cream sauce. Pork belly and baby bok choy with tangy balsamic bbq sauce. Wife got short ribs with pasta and mushroom cream sauce. I got tuna and basmati rice , soy and a spicy maple dipping sauce. Solid meal. Carte Blanche in Hamburg 17d5b9d532a3aba1bf507d4de6678206.jpg6cc1380fb06aaac4e76f63ef4b2687b4.jpg8df22749a9e7569c530afe58ec683224.jpg2458e2c79ea371eaa9a151496f160a9a.jpg81fa9533f196762a9b638f2040b29699.jpga60f95914e1ade68012b13ee1d7b094f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Bionic said:

Thank you for the suggestions xD

We have Hannaford down here, it was actually my first job on the books.  I want to actually start making my own sauces, with minced garlic, etc, and let the sauce ingredients are marry togethor for awhile, prior to use.  Should be fun.  I never had garlic parm wings from a restaurant, always hear people love, or hate them.  I just love buffalo wings, so I never wanted to risk it, and order something i didnt like, lol.  Anyways, NOW I would try garlic parm, since I can tumble one wing in garlic parm to try it.  I am not a fan of mango, is it overpowering in that mango habanero? 

The mango habanero doesn't really give a taste of the mango, is more like a sweet taste with first bite, then the heat kicks in. But the heat isn't over bearing.

I make my own sauces some times, but the problem becomes what people want, like, and can endure. I haven't found a happy medium for anything beyond mild for people. So, I mainly just buy base sauces and then add to them for heat as needed. Saves a lot of time when you have people who say they can handle the hottest wings you can make. So you put some habanero's  ( seeds and all ) in a blender with EVOO, and add some Ghost Chili extract. Seen many grown men cry from this recipe ( and call me names I hadn't heard of before ), even back when I would oven roast my wings and spin them.

Edited by Rob...
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Rare night out for dinner with only mrs TF
Amuse bouche. Slice of beet , balsamic reduction with a little goat cheese. Popovers , calamari with with diablo cream sauce. Pork belly and baby bok choy with tangy balsamic bbq sauce. Wife got short ribs with pasta and mushroom cream sauce. I got tuna and basmati rice , soy and a spicy maple dipping sauce. Solid meal. Carte Blanche in Hamburg 17d5b9d532a3aba1bf507d4de6678206.jpg6cc1380fb06aaac4e76f63ef4b2687b4.jpg8df22749a9e7569c530afe58ec683224.jpg2458e2c79ea371eaa9a151496f160a9a.jpg81fa9533f196762a9b638f2040b29699.jpga60f95914e1ade68012b13ee1d7b094f.jpg

Top notch! :good:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Paula said:

Tell us more, how much to you add to it?

Hard boiled one dozen eggs.  Then put one cup of Apple cider vinegar, one cup white vinegar, one cup of water, some dry mustard, tumeric, a couple of tablespoons of weber garlic and herb seasoning, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2tablespoons of yellow mustard, tablespoon of green Tabasco and 1/2 jar of jalapeños .  Put it on stove and brought to an easy boil and stirred.  Let it cool and added to jar with eggs.  Gotta let them pickle for at least a couple weeks.  Then they come out a bright yellow and a have a little bite.  Big hit with the fishing buddies. 

• Like 2

No pics tonight but went out with the wife and her friend to dino's pizzeria in Plattsburgh. Started out with medium boneless wings. I had a Italian meat ball sub. My wife had a Hawaiian calzone. Her friend got a cheeseburger with fries. I think I figured out an ingredient in the meat balls. It's an Italian place anybody ever hear of people putting anchovies in meat balls? I see it in Italian recipes for them. Overall experience for restaurant really good.

• Like 1

I get the rock shrimp down in FL. Only place I’ve ever seen them.
I haven’t really looked. I’ve had a lot of IPAs to drink up fresh to make room.

Gonna be in Myrtle in a couple weeks. We stop at the fishing dock in Calabash on way home and get 5 pounds of shrimp right off the boat to bring home and freeze. I don't eat shrimp but my wife is a shrimp junkie and says it is best she has had.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Corned beef brisket with a can of Murphy's ready to go in oven to braise for 6 hours or so (one Murphy's for the brisket and one for me). Had to cut it in half to fit in the pot. I'll post up the finished product tonight. 875b2b900c73879d09e2fc94a57ef6f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2