What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

3 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Will try venison or beef. My wife makes a mean meatball and I have a very good Italian sauce. How bout we try for next week sometime?

I know I will be making some homemade sauce, and homemade meatballs very soon! This is like a Saturday meal meal im thinking.   I have been craving this lately.  I enjoy your meal ideas though, so carry on lol 

Just now, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Tonight homemade Italian meatball subs. With marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan reggano on a fresh hoagie roll. Pics to follow

DSCN4282.JPG

Well having trouble  with not letting me upload the full meatball sub with mozzarella on a roll. So just imagine what it looks like I guess.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Tonight homemade Italian meatball subs. With marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan reggano on a fresh hoagie roll. Pics to follow

DSCN4282.JPG

Haha, I put a bug in your head huh?

I must make meatballs now!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Haha, I put a bug in your head huh?

I must make meatballs now!

Told the wife last night she approved we agreed to make them together she got home they were all ready and resting in the crock pot after being cooked in the oven. They turned out great. People's request drive me stir crazy cant say no to a challenge or people's appreciation of good food.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Told the wife last night she approved we agreed to make them together she got home they were all ready and resting in the crock pot after being cooked in the oven. They turned out great. People's request drive me stir crazy cant say no to a challenge or people's appreciation of good food.

That is a great story.   I love cooking, so to hear of this, is GREAT.   Have a great night

Mature  (3.5 yr old "big") venison roast in the crockpot with gravy, potatoes, carrots, and onions.  It was good, but well short of a .5 yr old "button" roast in both texture and flavor.  At least we will have leftovers for a while.   Buttons are my wife's favorite "BB's" but I was not able to get her one of those last fall.  The older ones still beat the heck out of any kind of chicken for me.     

• Like 4