What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

52 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Tonight the wife and I made parmesan reggano crusted baked haddock and broccoli and a tossed salad. Parmesan topping consisted of mayo, panko, parmesan, hot sauce, half lemon, Worcestershire sauce, butter, salt and pepper. Healthy side of cucumbers and tomato slices. Slice of lemon for enhanced flavor.

DSCN4287.JPG

DSCN4288.JPG

i just picked up a can of panko to try on flounder.It looks good and crunchy.

20 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Mature  (3.5 yr old "big") venison roast in the crockpot with gravy, potatoes, carrots, and onions.  It was good, but well short of a .5 yr old "button" roast in both texture and flavor.  At least we will have leftovers for a while.   Buttons are my wife's favorite "BB's" but I was not able to get her one of those last fall.  The older ones still beat the heck out of any kind of chicken for me.     

When my wife asked how I liked this last night, I replied that it was good, but the gravy was a little thin. I suggested that she make soup with the leftovers.  The "gravy "was actually beef broth.  She chunked up the remains of the roast, along with the potatoes, carrots and onions, then added corn and noodles.   The resulting "beef"- vegetable soup that she served for dinner tonight may be the best that I have ever had.   It made almost 2 gallons.  I will freeze whatever is left after the weekend in quart zip-lock bags to use for lunches at work.  Based on how the kids are liking it, there may not be much left for that.      

• Like 3

2 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

What Cabela's you at? Were going to hit the one in Scarborough Maine in June. That burger looks yummy. 

Hamburg, PA.

I have driven past that one in Scarborough though!

I live close to the PA border.

It was a real good burger.  It had a 1/2 lb of beef, cheddar, whiskey bourban bbq sauce, crispy fried battered onion straws, lettuce,  tomato,  and a pinch of mayo,  which I would ask them to exclude next time.

We actually planned to find a Red Robin for dinner, and we were PLEASANTLY surprised to find one in the same lot at Cabela's,  great luck for us. xD

Edited by Bionic

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Hartford?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamburg, PA.

I live about equal distance to the Hartford one, and Hamburg locations.  I rather drive through PA, so that was the deciding factor.

The girlfriend, and I never been to a Cabela's, and it was her idea for her birthday,  so we made a day out of it.

Well worth the trip, even just for the taxidermy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Hamburg, PA.

I live about equal distance to the Hartford one, and Hamburg locations.  I rather drive through PA, so that was the deciding factor.

The girlfriend, and I never been to a Cabela's, and it was her idea for her birthday,  so we made a day out of it.

Well worth the trip, even just for the taxidermy.

Much better decision over Hartford.......somewhere there is/was an Impala of mine floating around there as at the time a taxidermist I was using did most of the African mounts and needed a skin so I sold him mine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Much better decision over Hartford.......somewhere there is/was an Impala of mine floating around there as at the time a taxidermist I was using did most of the African mounts and needed a skin so I sold him mine.

Oh wow.  We were wondering if the taxidermy work, was typically, sold to Cabela's, donated, or if taxidermists sold mounts that the customer never picked up after completion.

Your Impala is/was at the Hartford, or Hamburg store?

Edited by Bionic

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

Oh wow.  We were wondering if the taxidermy work, was typically, sold to Cabela's, donated, or if taxidermists sold mounts that the customer never picked up after completion.

Much of the African stuff at the time that Cabelas was being built was taken by many members of the Cabelas family and mounted here in the Hudson Valley.

Then when they started to build more stores and the family sold the company; they bought out a taxidermy shop out west (Montana IIRC?) and have taken donations, and bought on the open market for decor.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Much of the African stuff at the time that Cabelas was being built was taken by many members of the Cabelas family and mounted here in the Hudson Valley.

Then when they started to build more stores and the family sold the company; they bought out a taxidermy shop out west (Montana IIRC?) and have taken donations, and bought on the open market for decor.

Thats interesting, thank you for explaining.

Trulife taxidermy with Bob? 

Wife and I ate at Lebro's tonight.  She had a salad, I had a burger(that right there is why most men die before their wives) and we brought a fish fry home for Jr.

A couple Sam Adams Cold Snap washed mine down.  A decent beer........

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

La tolteca

20180323_203207.jpg

My absolute favorite is the tortilla chips with the salsa when we go out to our favorite Mexican restaurant!  I will have more chips, and salsa for dessert literally, as the girlfriend will get the dessert they get for you.  I am about to try and grab a chip right out of that pic, haha.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Wife and I ate at Lebro's tonight.  She had a salad, I had a burger(that right there is why most men die before their wives) and we brought a fish fry home for Jr.

A couple Sam Adams Cold Snap washed mine down.  A decent beer........

Can't get enough of those cold snaps.  I bought a few 12 packs cause it will be gone soon.  

I haven’t done a food post in a while so here is what’s left of our pancake breakfast a95c5541d888110ca9822ce45c23ea9a.jpg

It’s been a while since I cooked a nice meal. My wife’s been working late and the kids are in a boring food stage so I haven’t had the enthusiasm to put something together

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Rare breakfast out for me

1fec30116e96ed99701d8e1eea4f4962.jpg

Bagels are actually one of my favorite foods.  I crave them after a few days if I dont have one.  Fresh garlic bagel, not toasted, with cream cheese, is my favorite.  Worthless bit of info, I know xD

• Like 2

Homemade pizza tonight as per my daughter’s request for her 14th Bday. She only likes regular, boys will crush a Mexican (venison chili as the sauce and cheddar cheese) and a white pizza. Thinking about an arugula, Asiago, truffle oil for Mrs and Grandma Crappy and me.

7d4b4af743844f0bba63d5df27b13c14.jpg

• Like 3