What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

The damage was done on this one before the barbs were even pulled out  Two of the trebles were hooked into her jaw, in a straight line.  Her hard pulling opened up a wide split, about 3 " long.   She stayed real lively in the livewell, but I don't think she would have done well for very long back out in the lake with that big mouth wound.  She was very tasty when baked with a cellantro and lime marinade though.   My wife and girls don't get any of the lake Ontario fish, due to the health advisories, so I will save the other fillet for my lunch on Wednesday.

17 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Pinch the barbs as a suggestion.  Sounds like you had some fun. 

Edited by wolc123

21 hours ago, Bionic said:

My first try at shrimp tacos.   Chili garlic type rub on shrimp with olive oil.  Dry rub mox into sour cream...with avocado, red onion, spring mix greens, tomato,  hot sauce, and a pinch of cheese.

20180423_201143.jpg

20180423_201627.jpg

That's a salad bowl with some shrimp added, not a taco. LOL.

:drinks:

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Rob... said:

That's a salad bowl with some shrimp added, not a taco. LOL.

SMFH with a facepalm lol.

I will send you some of those tacos in the mail, let me know how they are, lol.  65 degrees should be cool enough to keep the shrimp from spoiling in a brown box, xD

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bionic said:

SMFH with a facepalm lol.

I will send you some of those tacos in the mail, let me know how they are, lol.  65 degrees should be cool enough to keep the shrimp from spoiling in a brown box, xD

You do know I was joking right?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Rob... said:

You do know I was joking right?

Yes, of course I did. I put laughing faces, and all to make it obvious that I too was joking.  I am having a good time poking fun back at you with my food poisening comment lol

Edited by Bionic

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Looks great !! Been meaning to try Schnitzels on Transit near Grover’s. 

We tried Schnitzels a while ago. Did not have a good experience, unfortunately. Did, however, enjoy Rizzoto on Maple recently (same owners).

17 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Early dinner at Rhinebeck restaurant in Canandaigua. Authentic German food. Had the Metzger, sausage assortment plate.

IMG_20180425_162342.jpg

I think the Germans have a slightly better selection of sausage then the polish. If you get a chance try some bauernwurts it's awesome.

• Like 2

Fried chicken, with a new recipe. Leftover sides.43d88e2a89b0cb5df41b4b3448bc4c06.jpg&key=f84a989f943953b0bea6a1afaf8ce86a1b96b1e601e8dfa27f307f9e2f5e350c

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Looks really good! What temp was your oil I’d bed you would do great if you turn in down about 25 degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, rachunter said:

Heading up to my place this weekend for the turkey opener. So I’m getting my fix before then. Chicken Marsala,grandma and a regular. 

A8E6FB1B-45FE-4B20-BF96-73ED6A5CAADA.jpeg

Have a good time at camp! We are looking to go up next weekend.  Tastey looking pie by the way!

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Looks really good! What temp was your oil I’d bed you would do great if you turn in down about 25 degrees

I set the oil at appx 365, same I use for wings and normal deep frying chicken. Like I posted in the other thread, it came out really good. The dark color isn't from over frying, it was the spices I used. The flour itself was really dark reddish in color once it dried onto the chicken.

Next time I will try talking the temp down a bit and see how it goes. Though, I don't see me using the fryer much now that it's grilling and smoking season.

I set the oil at appx 365, same I use for wings and normal deep frying chicken. Like I posted in the other thread, it came out really good. The dark color isn't from over frying, it was the spices I used. The flour itself was really dark reddish in color once it dried onto the chicken.
Next time I will try talking the temp down a bit and see how it goes. Though, I don't see me using the fryer much now that it's grilling and smoking season.

Yea for a on the bone 365 is a little high because of the length of time needed to fry try 345 or even 335 you will be happy in the end I promise.

• Like 1

Venison lasagna ( thanks kid as dad was deerless first time ever lol ) 1b82462f6c7469e481568c6b09152340.jpg&key=f5c339daa72537df7f9b2a81a5a2c884ca92edb11981e73bd50eb464302c6bc3

How you like those “no boil” lasagna sheets? They are “no boil sheets,” aren’t they? Kind of look different then what I use. I never used them and rarely make lasagna because I hate dealing with boiling the sheets.

I am a die hard traditional Italian - honestly, I can’t tell the difference between the regular lasagna and the no boil sheets.  Even my family in Italy uses the “oven ready” sheets.  

TF, that looks pretty dam good, I’m sure her deer tastes just as good as any of the ones you got on your own. Maybe even better. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, crappyice said:

How you like those “no boil” lasagna sheets? They are “no boil sheets,” aren’t they? Kind of look different then what I use. I never used them and rarely make lasagna because I hate dealing with boiling the sheets.

Yup , no boil. Excellent too.  I worked 12.5 hours , mama TF made 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Slumming it hobo style. Maple baked beans with jimmy deans breakfast sausage added. Breakfast lolf110da42f2f471c79d11ef127dd3c6b0.jpg. The best that will come of this is gas.

Some bread and butter?

• Haha 1