What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Were you carrying that around in your pocket ?

Yea I couldn’t take pics of the food without feeling like an idiot so I the best I could do for this thread was to save the menu for later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good day for flicks and comfort food.  This is a Sante Fe chicken from the slow cooker with black and garbanzo beans, green onion, diced tomatos and cheddar over quinoa.  Added hot sauce just because.

First up was Open Range with Duval and Costner.  Now playing, Leo in The Revenant.

20180429_144536.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

071f81ded7c4d218b9727cda9c25458b.jpg

“Beer” can chicken - cola instead of beer - offset charcoal heat (300) with hickory smoke.
Taking longer than expected

Hopefully it doesn't take so long that the lettuce starts to wilt, and the tomato starts to collapse.

Jussayin...

Got a tip about a place in Millbrook, Ny that does "buck a shuck" oysters at the bar from 4 - 6. Me and the wife went yesterday and it was really nice. They had  4- 5 different types of oysters on the menu, but the special was only for the Wellfleet oysters. 

I went with the Narragansett lager because I have a summer house in RI, we get oysters all the time in June, July  and August and the Narragansett is a great beer to pair with them. I was shocked to see it here in NY.

Summer is coming!

Oysters.jpg

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Birdhunter said:

Got a tip about a place in Millbrook, Ny that does "buck a shuck" oysters at the bar from 4 - 6. Me and the wife went yesterday and it was really nice. They had  4- 5 different types of oysters on the menu, but the special was only for the Wellfleet oysters. 

I went with the Narragansett lager because I have a summer house in RI, we get oysters all the time in June, July  and August and the Narragansett is a great beer to pair with them. I was shocked to see it here in NY.

Summer is coming!

Oysters.jpg

Solid all around.  Gansett just hit this area too. But oh how those oysters look great.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Birdhunter said:

Canoe Hill?

This dish that our friends cooked deserves it own thread, Venison Osso Bucco with Mushroom and Sausage Risotto. Shanks were saved from the 4 deer the both of us tagged this year. We will FOR SURE be saving all future deer shanks, ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!
a1eb76b1730b138215e86532b33ae434.jpg

And to top it off homemade Creme Brule.
a8fd2a47824d47f567be9197e99df2c8.jpg

I'm stuffed and in a pleasant food and wine coma for the rest of the evening.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 7

This dish that our friends cooked deserves it own thread, Venison Osso Bucco with Mushroom and Sausage Risotto. Shanks were saved from the 4 deer the both of us tagged this year. We will FOR SURE be saving all future deer shanks, ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!
a1eb76b1730b138215e86532b33ae434.jpg&key=0c9266060e46aa43240de1260b00f876bb06e0111051230626b4d5faa280a94a

And to top it off homemade Creme Brule.
a8fd2a47824d47f567be9197e99df2c8.jpg&key=136a048f9c50ca873687bebdc823133df78a77bd7ba3a16e239ac3258deed961

I'm stuffed and in a pleasant food and wine coma for the rest of the evening.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Venison osso bucco was my new fav find this year

• Like 1