What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I haven’t been there in forever.  Get roast beef too ? Pickled egg from behind the bar ? If you drank I’d say check out aurora brew works next door. 

We got wings but 3 of us shared a roast beef just to try it out.

• Like 1

Nice hardy meal after all the landscaping you did all weekend ?

One thought/suggestions - parboil the red potatoes; coat in extra virgin, sprinkle with salt pepper oregano and then throw DIRECTLY on the grill. Roll em around a bit after the sides get dark and crispy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Oh

My

God.

Where did those delicious sounding culinary masterpieces come from? Please tell me, I may develop a twitch if I dont get to sample some soon.

Local grille at the dome.  Minute off exit 49/Depew exit from the 90 

• Like 1

Have you ever found a basic bar & grill type of place with a cook who could probably be a world class chef? Phenomenal food coming from a humble fry-cook/line worker in a bar/restaurant? I'll wait for responses before I post about my friend.

Have you ever found a basic bar & grill type of place with a cook who could probably be a world class chef? Phenomenal food coming from a humble fry-cook/line worker in a bar/restaurant? I'll wait for responses before I post about my friend.

Considering I’m from Buffalo well a suburb of Buffalo yes. Almost any basic bar you go into has ridiculously good food. I won’t eat at chain restaurants. I’d rather have grub from a hole in the wall bar.

• Like 2

Considering I’m from Buffalo well a suburb of Buffalo yes. Almost any basic bar you go into has ridiculously good food. I won’t eat at chain restaurants. I’d rather have grub from a hole in the wall bar.

But is that the same as every town? Or maybe local townie food across America isn’t that great and true great chefs are better?

Idk the answer. I’ve had some great food as highly rated restaurants and also mediocre food. I’ve had some good food at dive bars and also horrible food.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But is that the same as every town? Or maybe local townie food across America isn’t that great and true great chefs are better?

Idk the answer. I’ve had some great food as highly rated restaurants and also mediocre food. I’ve had some good food at dive bars and also horrible food.

I don't know either. I don't travel much or eat out enough to have a large enough sample size. I just know that when you go out in WNY your hardly ever disappointed in the food. 

18 hours ago, philoshop said:

I was essentially asking about cooks who do amazing stuff with few resources. A friend of mine makes the best beef stroganoff I've ever had in a kitchen that mainly cranks out burgers & wings. I don't know that he could ever be an actual "chef" in someplace like NYC, but he's very good at what he does.

I've been accused by a member here of trying to derail this thread, a thread that I started almost four years ago, because of the above post. I didn't understand the complaint or the insinuation. Seems to me that people are still posting about what they had for dinner...or lunch...

Bon Apetit, my friends!!! And keep the recipes coming!

Edited by philoshop
  • Like 2

My wife made venison-barley soup in the crock pot.  The kids liked it.   It tasted better to me, after I added a little cayenne pepper and washed it down with a Genny light. I had to go back for a second bowl.    

• Like 3