What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

5 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Homemade turkey noodle soup. Turkey, onions ,celery, carrots , salt pepper bay leaves thyme and parsley with homemade stewed tomatoes. It hit the spot for sure. Sorry no pic but just imagine. 

Oh, I am imagining!  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Ham, cheese and spinach omelette with venison breakfast sausage.  And green Tabasco.

rps20180513_103141.jpg

See now that's weird, I love veggies, etc but cannot stand them at breakfast.  However, that looks great.  Find that kinda funny thinking back about the tacos and nachos with brush.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

See now that's weird, I love veggies, etc but cannot stand them at breakfast.  However, that looks great.  Find that kinda funny thinking back about the tacos and nachos with brush.

Gotta throw in just enough fruits and veggies here and there so I don't get scurvy.  Lol

A little spinach in the omelette...a cherry in my bourbon.....you know just for health reasons.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Gotta throw in just enough fruits and veggies here and there so I don't get scurvy.  Lol

A little spinach in the omelette...a cherry in my bourbon.....you know just for health reasons.  

Sort of like those people who order the entire left side of the menu, and then order a DIET Coke.  Haha.

Really liking the looks of that omelette,  not an omelette fan, but I might try that one Sunday. 

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, philoshop said:

Omelettes are one of my favorite foods. I don't remember ever putting anything into one that turned out wrong, and they're a great way to clean the small dishes of leftovers from the fridge.

Like I said not a fan of omelettes,  more of a over easy, sausage,  and toast, maybe homefries type of breakfast guy.  Its been years since I have tried an omelette though,  so its worth trying something different,  tastes change.  Good point though, good way to utilize leftover odds n ends.

Edited by Bionic

9 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Like I said not a fan of omelettes,  more of a over easy, sausage,  and toast, maybe homefries type of breakfast guy.  Its been years since I have tried an omelette though,  so its worth trying something different,  tastes change.  Good point though, good way to utilize leftover odds n ends.

My Grandmother used to make casseroles with all the leftovers, but she was generally feeding a gang of farm hands. Omelettes are just really quick-n-easy. If I made an entire casserole it would soon become a second generation leftover. :rofl:

• Haha 1

Since we were hosting for Mother's day, I asked my wife what she and her mother wanted for dinner. They came up with my Beef Wellington! 

I have made it a bunch of times for Christmas dinner, but it is still a daunting task.

Very stressful, but came out awesome! 

Side of steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes, but the pictures show the main event!

wellington 2.jpg

wellington 1.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Since we were hosting for Mother's day, I asked my wife what she and her mother wanted for dinner. They came up with my Beef Wellington! 
I have made it a bunch of times for Christmas dinner, but it is still a daunting task.
Side of steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes, but the pictures show the main event!
5af8b61cb9104_wellington2.thumb.jpg.5afc81498971e437523e2c32d4cc925e.jpg
5af8b6335c888_wellington1.thumb.jpg.1e400c54b4b85b02d93b3b294b44f158.jpg

Awesome job on the Welly! So hard to get the timing and inner temp right- looks about perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Birdhunter said:

wellington 2.jpg

wellington 1.jpg

Gordon Ramsey would be proud.Looks awesome!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

Gordon Ramsey would be proud.Looks awesome!

Thanks!

Brushing Dijon mustard on the beef filet after it has been browned was a great tip from him. It adds a layer of flavor that can't be pinned down, but is there. The puff pastry is more challenging than the beef, but screwing up the beef is waaaay more expensive!

• Like 1