What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Happy mother’s day to me!!
f2571e00650528a11771344d0cbd8502.jpg&key=d5a57094b5faba51b8086b05272a6d69cb6f3c8fcb60f60cd0f7f48c7ac9a16d
Cheated a bunch by starting them in the oven and finishing on the grill but the homemade BBQ sauce made them pretty yummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo- those are my daughter’s dogs-she’s WEIRD! No bun either! Hot dogs and bacon are the only technically meat things she will eat!

• Like 1

Thanks!
Brushing Dijon mustard on the beef filet after it has been browned was a great tip from him. It adds a layer of flavor that can't be pinned down, but is there. The puff pastry is more challenging than the beef, but screwing up the beef is waaaay more expensive!

I wish there was a way to avoid the soggy bottoms (Pygmy or Wooly insert joke here) of the puff pastry. Does that recipe call for pate? My venison Wellington is noticeably better with it then without.

11 hours ago, crappyice said:

I wish there was a way to avoid the soggy bottoms (Pygmy or Wooly insert joke here) of the puff pastry. Does that recipe call for pate? My venison Wellington is noticeably better with it then without.

Have to have the pate'! 

I put the sheet pan in the oven while it pre-heats to get it really hot and that seems to cook the bottom a little bit better than when I don't do that. Give it a try.

Venison steak and Utica greens wrap. Bionic should be proud I have veges in them Lol.   And I even had a salad to go with it!!!!......potato salad!  Haha.  It's a vegetable!  

Greens are so good.  The former wife put a huge container of them in my truck while I was turkey hunting.  Awesome.  

rps20180514_172012.jpg

rps20180514_172038.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Venison steak and Utica greens wrap. Bionic should be proud I have veges in them Lol.   And I even had a salad to go with it!!!!......potato salad!  Haha.  It's a vegetable!  

Greens are so good.  The former wife put a huge container of them in my truck while I was turkey hunting.  Awesome.  

rps20180514_172012.jpg

rps20180514_172038.jpg

My ears were ringing!

Potato salad is speakin my language! 

I am proud of you, you're coming around lol

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

WTF is Prosciutto SPREAD?!?!
Please don’t eat that!?!?

It’s just a style of Italian sausage form down in southern Italy it’s very good and recently very popular...