What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Cut avocados in half lengthwise, remove pit, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and fresh coarse ground black pepper. Grill on flat side until nice char lines form and edges start to char, flip and leave on for around 8-10 mins, the bottom of the rind will char. Remove, fill pit hole with fresh pico and sour cream. I like A bit of hot sauce too. Enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Cut avocados in half lengthwise, remove pit, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and fresh coarse ground black pepper. Grill on flat side until nice char lines form and edges start to char, flip and leave on for around 8-10 mins, the bottom of the rind will char. Remove, fill pit hole with fresh pico and sour cream. I like A bit of hot sauce too. Enjoy!

Good lawwwwd! I am going to try this, thanks for the new idea.

• Like 1

Daughter got her AP World exam grade today. College credit (took 9th n 10th grade ) and nailed it with a 5 Sushi celebration at Kumos. Excellent stuff . Nobody ever has uni ( sea urchin roe topped with a raw quail egg d845ab171adb6965dd999b745a7d868c.jpg65d51d1276a8d84c3d35ea8dda4eef66.jpgda96a1c4695cc5dd4a6d1a8603529607.jpga630a27ed2d52499e7b52a855cfef741.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 9

17 hours ago, Bionic said:

20180706_193800.jpg

Chili dogs with some box push tater salad the girlfriend brought home, I had to try it...i prefer the homemade with Helman's withOUT vinegar...

The hot dog thread got me lol

But we need to know which brand of dog.  Need ammo for the hotdog war

If they are Sahlens and your embarrassed and had to cover them up its ok..... Can get some Hoffman's next time.  Lol (shot fired west NY!l)

Edited by Robhuntandfish

I am not much of a cook, but the wife is working today so dinner is on me.   I am going with one of the few recipes that I have down pretty good (and the kids love).  Spaghetti with meat sauce (venison of course).   The grind supply is holding up pretty good with what looks to be a deer and a half or so left in the freezer.  We have to start hitting it a little harder so that I have more incentive to hunt this fall.  Just three more months until northern zone crossbow season opens.       

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

But we need to know which brand of dog.  Need ammo for the hotdog war

If they are Sahlens and your embarrassed and had to cover them up its ok..... Can get some Hoffman's next time.  Lol (shot fired west NY!l)

Never seen any of those brands mentioned in the crappy southern tier of NY here.  Basically its Sabrett's, Nathan's,  or maybe Boar's Head down here as far as I know.....Could be wrong though, but really only have Shoprite, Wally World, nearby.  

These were Nathan's,  while I enjoy them, it wont win no war lol.  

Used up smoked chicken corn on the cob threw in a cab of rotel. Peppers and onions and fresh tomato. Black beans and chicken taco seasoning with other seasonings. Pepper jack cheese Colby Jack and shredded taco cheese. Served over santitas tortillas chips.and a dolip of daisy sour cream. Wife's second helping.

IMG_20180707_180222.jpg

IMG_20180707_180259.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I spy with my little eye .... Poutine ! 

One thousand percent you have to go to Cora’s for breakfast tomorrow morning. On  Blue Jay Way about half block to a block from Front street. 4 minute walk from CN Tower as reference.   You’ll thank me later. 

• Like 1