What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

52 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

With the weather rainy and cold opted for some hamburger soup with onions, celery, stewed tomatoes, and regular tomatoes. Really hit the spot and 4 quarts left for leftovers.

IMG_20180925_182628.jpg

That always sounds so good when you mention hamburger soup. 

• Like 1

Crappyice, how do you make that pot pie? looks awsome!

What I do is wait patiently until Mrs Crappy says, “Now!” and I take an enormous scoop and enjoy!

Here’s what I know:

She makes a rue in the caste iron pan with butter, flour, chicken stock and seasonings(don’t know the exacts); she uses left over chicken from a roasted chicken from the previous night, throws in mostly fresh veg(carrots, celery, potatoes) and some frozen sometimes(peas, pearl onion sometimes); she makes her own crust - lately they have been gluten free(not as good IMO), cover the caste iron with the dough and throws it in the oven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went for a hot and sour Asian style mushroom soup - tofu and all!!

Was looking good until they made me drop an egg in there, turning the whole thing “snotty” looking.

Flavor is there- used the Hens from the other day and some oyster I previously sautéed and froze. The oysters are a bit chewy/woody. I need to figure how to preserve these things better.

85918ed508661bd0e278603b9a562063.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Girlfriend wanted eggs for dinner....so I made her a spinach, and feta omelette.  I had 2 scrambled egg, bacon, cheddarjack and franks burritos.   We used some of our homesmoked homemade bacon!  My first omelette by the way, looks like I did ok.
20180926_202937.thumb.jpg.40e4db4a40b85c82385aea42f890ec8a.jpg
20180926_202957.thumb.jpg.5a911ad4f9c06724f577cdb7d43fbacd.jpg
20180926_204056.thumb.jpg.b52bd1444982416786c2b6a112391238.jpg

Good looking omlettes ...not as good as Nomad used to have but quite good indeed!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Happen to see the salmon parasite pic thread ? Mmmm, goat cheese ! Had me at garlic too 

That’s NOT OK TF!!! Even though she “liked” me almost dying from eating a potentially deadly shroom, god forbid she feels like there is now a parasite living in her stomach...right now!! I’m sure your fine Paula!!! Sleep well!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1