What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

My wife left some venison chili in the crock-pot for me.  I am eating it now as I type and it tastes great.  Now there are just (2) packs of grind left in the freezer.   I hope you guy's leave some does out there until crossbow opens. 

Wolc I’ve got a whole lot of 1lb packs of ground, please take some off my hands. I need the space and have some moose on the way from a friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Wolc I’ve got a whole lot of 1lb packs of ground, please take some off my hands. I need the space and have some moose on the way from a friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I can't score next weekend, up in the northern zone, I will stop over and maybe trade you for some roasts.  There looks to be about a deer and a half of those left in our freezer, plus a few packs of back-strap.  The grind is always the first to go here because our kids love tacos.   Moose is awesome.  My buddy got a 8.5 year old bull a few years ago, and the frozen roasts were a little tough.  He thawed them out, cut them up, and canned them in his pressure cooker.  I can't remember having better stroganoff than made from that old canned moose.   

• Like 1

If I can't score next weekend, up in the northern zone, I will stop over and maybe trade you for some roasts.  There looks to be about a deer and a half of those left in our freezer, plus a few packs of back-strap.  The grind is always the first to go here because our kids love tacos.   Moose is awesome.  My buddy got a 8.5 year old bull a few years ago, and the frozen roasts were a little tough.  He thawed them out, cut them up, and canned them in his pressure cooker.  I can't remember having better stroganoff than made from that old canned moose.   

Everything is ground if you grab a grinder....just saying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

Everything is ground if you grab a grinder....just saying!

That is true, but I just can't bring myself to grind good roasts if I still have some grind left in the freezer.   October 7, 2016 was the last time we ran out of grind  (for about a week), and the next deer went all to grind except for the backstraps and tenderloins.   This year is shaping up the same way.  We go thru grind so fast that I never bother to vacuum seal that from the first deer every fall.   Zip-lock bags or freezer wrap is a lot cheaper and faster and you can't tell the difference if you eat it within a couple of months.   All the rest are vacuum sealed though, and that maintains flavor up to (4) years in the freezer.  Maybe even longer, but that is as long as I have tried it.      

That is true, but I just can't bring myself to grind good roasts if I still have some grind left in the freezer.   October 7, 2016 was the last time we ran out of grind  (for about a week), and the next deer went all to grind except for the backstraps and tenderloins.   This year is shaping up the same way.  We go thru grind so fast that I never bother to vacuum seal that from the first deer every fall.   Zip-lock bags or freezer wrap is a lot cheaper and faster and you can't tell the difference if you eat it within a couple of months.   All the rest are vacuum sealed though, and that maintains flavor up to (4) years in the freezer.  Maybe even longer, but that is as long as I have tried it.      

4 years old?!?! That’s some awesome vacuum sealer!!

Looks like you will be bringing the Tooter to accompany

Well you know they call beans the musical fruit, more you eat the more you toot. Sitting here by myself waiting now. She's with her teacher though in a small room. If she comes out giggling, I'll know why

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk