What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Well, not tonight, but last night - I figure my first post in this thread, maybe you guys'll cut me some slack.  :)

Our first meal from a deer we hunted ourselves.  My son did the honors over the Youth Weekend.  Also had venison sausage, and local corn and squash from Greene County.  The steaks have local bacon pieces on them, were also marinated in apple cider from a nearby farm.  Life is good.  

20181013_201724.jpg

Edited by jmark
  • Like 11

On 10/13/2018 at 5:45 PM, SmokeinTN said:

Hobo supper for me. Roasted garlic chicken sausage wrapped in foil with sliced taters and onions with a little olive oil. Yellow beans and enhanced with a Pinot.

hob.thumb.jpg.15bc5befaa403b583c84dd7d0915fa01.jpg

If that's what Hobos do for dinner, I've definitely been doing something wrong. :sorry:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jmark said:

Well, not tonight, but last night - I figure my first post in this thread, maybe you guys'll cut me some slack.  :)

Our first meal from a deer we hunted ourselves.  My son did the honors over the Youth Weekend.  Also had venison sausage, and local corn and squash from Greene County.  The steaks have local bacon pieces on them, were also marinated in apple cider from a nearby farm.  Life is good.  

20181013_201724.jpg

Oh my. Great first post to this thread ! 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, jmark said:

20181013_201724.jpg

Welcome to the thread jmark!. Congratulations on getting some venison  to cook. Just one hint: don't overcook the venison. Rare is best and medium rare won't destroy it, but anything like 'well done' you should just head for a fast food place. Enjoy.

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, crappyice said:

a1a5dc93913e43226cc3493e573a52b1.jpg

The Governor’s tavern in Hudson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

d2bd901a1f6ffeeb95fd60944ec6efaf.jpg

what's with the knife in the burger? I don't eat out much but never seen that before.

2 minutes ago, rachunter said:

what's with the knife in the burger? I don't eat out much but never seen that before.

Guessing as they're pretty big to cut in half and make more manageable    At the place we went if you eat two of the burgers and both orders of fries you get to design a burger and name it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The wife finally told me to just take her somewhere for dinner ,her headache was manageable ,a quick drive in the car landed us at the yelling goat . We didn't even place our order and had to leave ,took a couple sips of my drink and the waitress said the drinks were on her . We threw down a few bucks for her trouble and ended up getting texas road house take out . What an event. 

I know this is a old post but my wife gets them really bad too, she has a injection that she gets from the dr that makes them go away fast. Kinda looks like a epi pen and she does them herself at home. If you are interested I’ll get more info

Gotta have lumpy potatoes ,more lumps the better . My FIL makes his so smooth it's like eating wall paper paste.

I wish we had a dislike button for this post and Bionic’s post before it lol smooth with a ton of butter

• Haha 1

Gyro is better.

If your in Monticello, Salt and Pepper kitchen is a hidden gem if you like Korean food.

My camp isn’t far from there I’m going to have to try that I love Korean food

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

I wish we had a dislike button for this post and Bionic’s post before it lol smooth with a ton of butter

I really just like potatoes however they are, lol.  

I like to use red potatoes,  add cheddarjack, minced garlic, butter, skins left on, clumpy, some salt/pepper/milk onion powder(only time I really use it).   Yummmmmmm

We truly should have a dislike button, Haha.