What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Going to make one mamba jamba grilled tuna and grilled cheese sammich e8f9faa4f7c2a15b2c908f1258337fdc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good.Damn that's enough tuna salad for a few lunches.Where you shopping?

BJs.  Can’t wait to see this bill 

BJ’s sister (or brother) Costco kicks my ass EVERY week. We are there weekly for 5 gallons of milk, 51/2 six eggs, 4lbs of bacon, plus plus plus !!! Thankfully they have cheap gas but I’m good for $150 easy every time I step in the door. Twin 13 year olds who play sports can eat like a Squatch

20 minutes ago, crappyice said:

BJ’s sister (or brother) Costco kicks my ass EVERY week. We are there weekly for 5 gallons of milk, 51/2 six eggs, 4lbs of bacon, plus plus plus !!! Thankfully they have cheap gas but I’m good for $150 easy every time I step in the door. Twin 13 year olds who play sports can eat like a Squatch

5Gal of milk per week?Cheaper to purchase a cow and feed it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I liked milk. I still like milk! How much milk do you drink Senator?

I drink none myself but do have for everyone else that may use in the coffee.I love cheese and dairy products just don't like cows milk.I am in no way a Senator 

This thread was started  about  venison stew with no pics and no details. I'll divulge the details now.

Ahem...my name is Ann Elk, and I'm now going to divulge the secrets of my research, ahem... ( you either watched Monte Python or you didn't.) Sorry.

Fully coat the venison with fine flour and put it into the crock. Add potatoes and hefty Vidalia onion slices over the top, lots of nice carrot chunks, some mushroom slices. a couple of cups of beef bullion and a healthy dose of Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for the day and then have dinner. Don't forget to pick berries if they're in season.

Any other good stew recipes?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, philoshop said:

This thread was started  about  venison stew with no pics and no details. I'll divulge the details now.

Ahem...my name is Ann Elk, and I'm now going to divulge the secrets of my research, ahem... ( you either watched Monte Python or you didn't.) Sorry.

Fully coat the venison with fine flour and put it into the crock. Add potatoes and hefty Vidalia onion slices over the top, lots of nice carrot chunks, some mushroom slices. a couple of cups of beef bullion and a healthy dose of Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for the day and then have dinner. Don't forget to pick berries if they're in season.

Any other good stew recipes?

Brown the venison?

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Brown the venison?

Nope. It goes into the bottom of the crockpot raw.  Some people put a layer of onion under the meat, but I don't bother.. It comes out in nice juicy perfectly cooked chunks. I've found that browning the meat first keeps the various flavors from mingling. Mingling is good in a stew.

Full admission here: I use venison steak for my stew. No fat and no silver-skin. Stew meat gets tossed into the the chili pot.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, philoshop said:

Nope. It goes into the bottom of the crockpot raw.  Some people put a layer of onion under the meat, but I don't bother.. It comes out in nice juicy perfectly cooked chunks. I've found that browning the meat first keeps the various flavors from mingling. Mingling is good in a stew.

Full admission here: I use venison steak for my stew. No fat and no silver-skin. Stew meat gets tossed into the the chili pot.

Thanks, Im thawing a moose roast, may give this a try in the InstantPot

• Like 1