What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

We tried that riced cauliflower one night.  It was the first, and I think last, weren’t fans.

That’s cuz it ain’t green!!! Maybe you should throw some food coloring in there!
Or(seriously), brown an onion first in some good oil and then throw in the food processed cauliflower and cooked until some of the moisture is released and cauliflower “rice” gets a bit brown.
I’ve been using it under my venison Osso bucco since I am off carbs for a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chefhunter86 said:

Bone in short ribs. Came off the half cow be bought last year. Going to be served with a simple brown sauce. Maybe some mashed potatoes and sautéed leeks

Have a potato ricer I’d assume. Leeks from spring you dug and froze ? I’m curious how they hold up in freezer. 

Deacribe basic brown sauce as not familiar 

Have a potato ricer I’d assume. Leeks from spring you dug and froze ? I’m curious how they hold up in freezer. 
Deacribe basic brown sauce as not familiar 

I actually use a food mill to make my mashed potatoes. No not wild leeks they are store bough... well actually delivered from misfit market( if you haven’t heard of them google it)

Basic brown sauce

Brown meat in pan... sauté carrot onion celery. Add tomato paste. Sauté till tomato paste turns brown not red but deep brown. Deglaze with red wine and let reduce. Put meat back in pot. Add beef stock. Cook for 3 hours. Remove meat and strain out vegetables from the stock... thicken left over liquid with roux. Let reduce for 30
Min or so add a few table spoons of butter and whisk in.. Serve over meat

11 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Tried my hand at a skillet chicken pot pie, I think it’s going to be a mess but hopefully it tastes goode55d92c3db46db2cef0d698d06cfe68f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks good.What is your instapot doing on the stove top?