What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Made a small pork tenderloin with black pepper and mustard, and some beet spirals. I love pickled beets and onions, but this was too much, so made Asian style veggies and tossed those beet nasties in the trash.

Tomorrow, a turkey. 0f4e514d01181c1febd6ecc6ecc4890d.jpg0ca43540589f98a85e604cae7ac31e2a.jpg4a50b7bc9bdcf98a1c1039ad69d27a1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Made a small pork tenderloin with black pepper and mustard, and some beet spirals. I love pickled beets and onions, but this was too much, so made Asian style veggies and tossed those beet nasties in the trash.

Tomorrow, a turkey. 0f4e514d01181c1febd6ecc6ecc4890d.jpg0ca43540589f98a85e604cae7ac31e2a.jpg4a50b7bc9bdcf98a1c1039ad69d27a1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Going to smoke the turkey? Little mayo rub and then dry rub before smoking it as tip. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Going to smoke the turkey? Little mayo rub and then dry rub before smoking it as tip. 

Sadly, no. My smokers have to be opened every hour or so to replace the water and add chips, so it doesn't take long after opening the door for the temp to bottom out and loose smoke when it's cold. I did try smoking in the cold once, after almost 8 hours, the split chicken breast wasn't done. Had to finish in the oven.

1 minute ago, Rob... said:

Sadly, no. My smokers have to be opened every hour or so to replace the water and add chips, so it doesn't take long after opening the door for the temp to bottom out and loose smoke when it's cold. I did try smoking in the cold once, after almost 8 hours, the split chicken breast wasn't done. Had to finish in the oven.

Hmmm.  What smoker you have ? Electric? My old $50 Lowe’s charcoal smoker holds 225 degrees in coldest of temps. Let’s figure this out. My water pan stays full for 4 hours too 

I have a Master Built charcoal smoker, water pan is shallow and charcoal pan is also shallow.

Then my go to is a CharBriol propane smoker, but, again, water pan and chip section are small and shallow.

I think there are pics of both in the "Whats In Your Smoker" thread.

Both are vertical smokers, not the bullet type like you have.

1 minute ago, doebuck1234 said:

No pics.forgot as i was too wrapped up in my first Hayburner IPA!good stuff! Pulled pork quesadilla and "the 1104" garbage plate at jerimiah's henrietta

Yummmm, I have that on my want to make list, is pulled pork quesadillas!

20 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Was gooood with the smoke flavor and a must try for me at home!

My plan is a pork picnic i guess its called.  I usually use that for pulled pork, start it early on a Saturday, and eat like pigs Saturday night.  Thinking pulled pork, cheddar jack, purple onion.  Not sure what else to add.