What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

3 hours ago, Bionic said:

I have never had fried plantains, always skim past on menus, are they a must try?

I'm not a fan of the sweet plantains (Maduros).  I prefer the starchier fried tostones.  I like them with either the traditional mojo/mojito (garlic dipping sauce) or hot sauce.  But if you want to take it up a notch, you go with the mofongo.  That's when they mash the tostones and usually mix in stuff like shrimp or friend crispy pork skin.  Man...I want some now.  If you ever make your way down into the city we'll hit up some in the Heights.

• Like 2

Just now, Elmo said:

I'm not a fan of the sweet plantains (Maduros).  I prefer the starchier fried tostones.  I like them with either the traditional mojo/mojito (garlic dipping sauce) or hot sauce.  But if you want to take it up a notch, you go with the mofongo.  That's when they mash the tostones and usually mix in stuff like shrimp or friend crispy pork skin.  Man...I want some now.  If you ever make your way down into the city we'll hit up some in the Heights.

Sounds interesting! Always up for trying new foods.

We can get that piff, or maybe some rock while we are there too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk