What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

My Dept here at work is working on our annual corned beef dinner for the local senior citizens here.  Down sized A LOT since I started here 15 yrs ago.  Started at 400 lbs of corned beef, now down to 230 lbs.  
92497D81-4165-4E30-B4FF-4454AE3B361C.thumb.jpeg.cd34236ea8ca3db2149f7f9414b7539c.jpeg

That’s still a lot of beef!
Jeez...watch your fingers when wielding that thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

That’s still a lot of beef!
Jeez...watch your fingers when wielding that thing!

Lol, I said at one point to the guys, that I don’t see any fingertips, or metal shavings yet! Haha good sign so far I said

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Dept here at work is working on our annual corned beef dinner for the local senior citizens here.  Down sized A LOT since I started here 15 yrs ago.  Started at 400 lbs of corned beef, now down to 230 lbs.  
92497D81-4165-4E30-B4FF-4454AE3B361C.thumb.jpeg.cd34236ea8ca3db2149f7f9414b7539c.jpeg

Next time you guys do something like that let me know a few weeks in advance. I can sell you the food close to my cost to help you guys cut cost

• Like 3

9 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Next time you guys do something like that let me know a few weeks in advance. I can sell you the food close to my cost to help you guys cut cost

Thats very nice of you, and thank you for that.  This is actually the last year Shoprite is donating it, so I am not sure quite yet what they plan to do next year.  I will hang onto that gesture though, appreciate it chef.

• Like 1

Grilled Berbere pork chops with a salad. Reading TF's posts about the  Yelling Goats berbere wings I thought it was just their thing. Then I saw it at Penzey's and find out it is an actual spice. It is NICE! Can taste how it is great for wings! 

e6155f1ae12987366bf63f349fcc7b97.jpg

Edited by MPHunter
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Rivas pizza but sadky not up to their normal greatness. Wings were supposed to be hot.  More or less came mild and not crispy.  @sodfather  jinxed it as had similar experience not long ago.  

9E44CC49-74C2-48B9-B4FC-10E1DC87AA6D.jpeg

I hate when it's different! But still looks delicious! Prob still tastes better than 3/4 of the pizza joints around! But I've said for years. Consistency is the #1 rule of a pizza shop. U will always have people who love it. And people who hate it. But if it's consistent u will always have clients! 

• Like 1

International Eat an Animal for PETA Day, also known as EATAPETA Day, is observed next on Friday, March 15th, 2019. It has been observed annually on March 15th since 2003.

Funny thing is about the eat a PETA day is I didn't know until train conductor announced it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

International Eat an Animal for PETA Day, also known as EATAPETA Day, is observed next on Friday, March 15th, 2019. It has been observed annually on March 15th since 2003.

Funny thing is about the eat a PETA day is I didn't know until train conductor announced it

Today is march 15. Ps. When is your birthday. Its mach correct.

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk

Mac n cheese, take #2.  Much better outcome!  I went for a more traditional version focusing on three cheeses, adding milk and baking for just 20 minutes in the skillet.  Tastes great, but I'm going to play around with this some more.  Once I get the base receipe figured out, I'll make different versions using bacon, stout beer, chicken, shrimp and lobster chunks.

20190315_170710.jpg

20190315_170605.jpg

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 7