What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Mac n cheese, take #2.  Much better outcome!  I went for a more traditional version focusing on three cheeses, adding milk and baking for just 20 minutes in the skillet.  Tastes great, but I'm going to play around with this some more.  Once I get the base receipe figured out, I'll make different versions using bacon, stout beer, chicken, shrimp and lobster chunks.
20190315_170710.thumb.jpg.d35358280f22fb0deb9a2f7241995154.jpg
20190315_170605.thumb.jpg.ccd9d68969cdae333e5495c69d503359.jpg

Are you starting with a roux? If not give that a dance before adding milk and cheese...good pinch of mustard powder in the roux adds something necessary IMO as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I really like your plates. Seriously

Thanks Biz, appreciate it.  The plates were from Walmart actually.  It was a 16 pc set.  I have a log home, so when I renovated it, I added all kinds of square cut beams, and so on, and so forth,  and made the home rustic.  I thought these plates were perfect for the house, earth tone, square, and they remind me of a stream bed where you place the food.  

https://www.amazon.com/Oneida-20-Piece-Reactive-Stoneware-Dinnerware/dp/B07L2NBRJK

https://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Elite-Tequesta-16-Piece-Dinnerware/dp/B00JWYVC48

first link is closer to the look of the plates, second link is somewhat similar, but has teal which I do not have.  I bought them in person though, not online, cannot find these anymore.  I do see some nice moose/pines dinner sets though! Lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dom said:

Dunham is a riot was or did he bring Peanut

Oh yes and all the regulars.  He tried out a couple of new characters there. He told everyone we were getting the best of the regular show and this was some free shit!  Lol

He does like a 40 minute stand up routine before the ventriloquism part. Also very funny!  Was a good time. Went to Texas roadhouse before for dinner.  

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

We will let it go.... this time....lol.  all the awesome meals you put together I am actually relieved that you eat like the rest of us sometimes.  

Haha, thanks pal, I will rest easy now that I came clean :heat: 

it also gets worrisome rotating the same 5 or 6 pics to post each night for dinner :rofl:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

Haha, thanks pal, I will rest easy now that I came clean :heat: 

it also gets worrisome rotating the same 5 or 6 pics to post each night for dinner :rofl:

I have considered putting the pic of your Dad's homemade smoked sausage and taters you post as my wallpaper a couple of times.  :taunt:.  Yum! 

• Haha 1

My hunting partners daughters sweet 16 tonight. They had food trucks come for the meal...wood fired pizza, grilled cheese truck and the Slovaki truck(Greek)...too much of all three plus passed apps, fried dough, deep fried twinkies, and a pretty sweet looking cake that Wooly would enjoy sculpting.

8fb5b013390a756e83cbb75a187bd76d.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Oh man......do share the recipe!
Those look unreal.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I never seem to make them the same way.  But I drained the fluid out of a jar of peppercini and added in a cup of water and a cup of vinegar into a pan.  Put in garlic and peppercorns and onion and garlic salt.   Brought it to a boil, shut it off and let it cool.  Then poured it into the eggs and peppers.  

• Like 1

Thanks, I never seem to make them the same way.  But I drained the fluid out of a jar of peppercini and added in a cup of water and a cup of vinegar into a pan.  Put in garlic and peppercorns and onion and garlic salt.   Brought it to a boil, shut it off and let it cool.  Then poured it into the eggs and peppers.  
Sounds good.....I kinda do banana peppers the same way.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1