What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Spicy shrimps , udon noodles , red papers , snow peeze , green unions and peenuts 60fb41128a885b036a682194d1657812.jpg&key=2bc9a99821d02fd1cc85a0c7fd3a4a02ab9da0aace382a265e6be1ffa8ef77a7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha...I know you had yours last night but that’s about as opposite from St Patrick’s day as possible! Looks great

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doebuck1234 said:

Got the stink goin on here too

20190317_175758.jpg

Haha nice! Am I the only one who does not cut the core out of the cabbage? It is edible, and tender, and holds the leaves together throughtout long simmers.  We cut them out at work though for our annual dinner.  I can’t wait to eat! Jenn is exercising, so it will be a little while 

4 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Haha nice! Am I the only one who does not cut the core out of the cabbage? It is edible, and tender, and holds the leaves together throughtout long simmers.  We cut them out at work though for our annual dinner.  I can’t wait to eat! Jenn is exercising, so it will be a little while 

As i planned on cutting in strips i cut it off.dont do cabbage alot so dont c why not leave it on?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doebuck1234 said:

As i planned on cutting in strips i cut it off.dont do cabbage alot so dont c why not leave it on?

It works either way, leaving core on keeps it all in tact, just easier to plate really.  No right, or wrong way really as far as I see it. Same here, cabbage once a year today only.  I love red cabbage on green salads though

• Like 2

Damn I should've posted this earlier but all these boiled dinners with cabbage - have to put this recipe out there. It's for a mustard sauce. This is perfect for boiled dinners of corned beef or ham with cabbage etc....

1 cup of sugar

2 tbsp flour

1 tsp tumeric

1 tsp dried mustard

1 cup vinegar

Put in sauce pan and stir together til it thickens without burning on medium heat.  Leave it a little thin cause it will thicken as it cools.  Awesome sauce for this meal.  Just don't get it on your clothes cause it stains everything.  But sooooo good.  

• Like 2

It works either way, leaving core on keeps it all in tact, just easier to plate really.  No right, or wrong way really as far as I see it. Same here, cabbage once a year today only.  I love red cabbage on green salads though

There is a right way and it’s the way you are doing it lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

There is a right way and it’s the way you are doing it lol

Yeah huh? I just trim the little bit of brown off of the stalk, the cabbage doesn’t seem to get all moshey as when its removed at our work meal.  Thanks Chef