What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Fish fry!  Oneida Lake walleye and perch.  Gotta make room for this season!  Too cold and windy and rainy to play outside so cooking it is. 
IMG_20190331_132550350.thumb.jpg.9c9cd0a0a1a06b706ced3ebf195fcae2.jpg
Fried walleye and perch. Damn that makes me hungry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'd agree liver, farva beans, and Chianti are all pretty gross

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yea, but you forget you grew up in a part of the state where we had real food, grocery stores, Deli’s and things of that nature. You don’t have to go out back with cousin Cletus and find dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, greensider said:

Smoked chicken 

IMG_1291.PNG

that looks great !   have a chicken in the brine to smoke this weekend, while doing chores.  Gonna be a work weekend to get stuff done before the fun stuff begins!  Cause once the boat hits the water nice weekend days tend to lean towards fishing!   that looks like it came out perfect!  did you use a brine of any kind?  I bought a chicken bbq brine i havent tried before Chiavatta's from wny.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

You guys ever give chicken a light coating of mayo before it goes on the smoker ? Gives it a little fat and less likely to dry out. Although that looks amazing greensider 

im thinking of a coating of that smokey maple Nunda mustard might be good too.

• Like 1

Grilled montreal marinaded pork loin, creamy feta mashed taters, sesame garlic green beans, and a tall glass of whole milk.

I've been a farm boy all my life so this is a typical dinner; meat, veggies, taters, glass of milk.d03aa341553776bedf1d91649cc45a5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

In the past Iv considered jerky from ground venison a bit sacrilegious, but Iv been burning through my roasts to make jerky, so I ordered a “jerky cannon” from LEM. We’ll give it a try. This  is a trial run to check the seasoning.  And yea... I use a rubber glove because I make it super hot and wear contacts. fb3a9924536b776749bed8626effc874.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by johnplav
  • Like 4