What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

13 hours ago, johnplav said:

In the past Iv considered jerky from ground venison a bit sacrilegious, but Iv been burning through my roasts to make jerky, so I ordered a “jerky cannon” from LEM. We’ll give it a try. This  is a trial run to check the seasoning.  And yea... I use a rubber glove because I make it super hot and wear contacts. fb3a9924536b776749bed8626effc874.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never jerky is awesome and ground meat is the worst parts cuts. save the best for roasts and steaks. still pays to trim well. deer fat gets pretty gross and hard when dehydrated. i've used some i got from a butcher shop versus stuff i do one my own and there's quite a difference. i see a bunch of silver skin but yours doesn't look bad.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Bachelor tonight. Surprising this ramen thing pretty good. But Cuba cheese company jalapeño cheddar summer sausage and this mustard perfect pairing 147ccb96500d23e65779e1b563d87676.jpg0fe62802aaa185200439c674c4547152.jpgebdef3f110107af65fc6f5cac560de35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sausage looks good. Those are hot noodles

Edited by Paula

After always hearing @Dom mention hamburger soup, it always sounded like something I just had to make.  Coincidentally, yesterday my dad was talking about some different recipes he wants to try that he had found, for us to make while we are up at camp working.  One was hamburger soup! So I had him send it to me, so I just threw a double batch together, for dinner, and lunches for the week.  Super simple, easy, fast, and delicious! This is why this thread is my favorite...next time I will use fresh garlic, I typically do not like granulated unless its on meats, etc, but for ease of a quick simple dish for camp, I followed the recipe to a T

2 lbs ground meat

1 can drained kidney beans

1 can undrained diced tomatoes 

1 can beef stock, and 4 cups water

4 stalks diced celery 

1 diced head of cabbage

sea salt/pepper/granulated garlic/paprika

46E81040-B0A8-4C6F-9C86-02710F08A8EC.jpeg

E6823937-AAAD-46E8-B1E1-86969B501F8C.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

After always hearing @Dom mention hamburger soup, it always sounded like something I just had to make.  Coincidentally, yesterday my dad was talking about some different recipes he wants to try that he had found, for us to make while we are up at camp working.  One was hamburger soup! So I had him send it to me, so I just threw a double batch together, for dinner, and lunches for the week.  Super simple, easy, fast, and delicious! This is why this thread is my favorite...next time I will use fresh garlic, I typically do not like granulated unless its on meats, etc, but for ease of a quick simple dish for camp, I followed the recipe to a T

2 lbs ground meat

1 can drained kidney beans

1 can undrained diced tomatoes 

1 can beef stock, and 4 cups water

4 stalks diced celery 

1 diced head of cabbage

sea salt/pepper/granulated garlic/paprika

46E81040-B0A8-4C6F-9C86-02710F08A8EC.jpeg

E6823937-AAAD-46E8-B1E1-86969B501F8C.jpeg

Looks delish!

• Thanks 1