What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Chicken fried venison steak.  You make ?!

Basically I take regular kinda thin steaks and hammer them out so they are thin and tender in seran wrap so they will cook even and fast.  Dip them in flour that has tons of powdered garlic and some salt and lots of ground pepper(we use gluten free cause of allergies and it still works fine).  separately mix up an egg or 2 with a little baking soda and baking powder. Maybe like a tsp or 2 of each.  Stir in about 2 cups buttermilk and fresh grated garlic and about 10 healthy splashes of redhot give or take.  The mix kinda foams and fluffs up.  Then dip the floured steak into the foamy buttermilk and then back into the flour.  I cook that on cast iron with lard quickly.  I also take okra and follow the same process.  Put them over some garlic smashed potatoes.  Then go find a comfy place to lay down.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Basically I take regular kinda thin steaks and hammer them out so they are thin and tender in seran wrap so they will cook even and fast.  Dip them in flour that has tons of powdered garlic and some salt and lots of ground pepper(we use gluten free cause of allergies and it still works fine).  separately mix up an egg or 2 with a little baking soda and baking powder. Maybe like a tsp or 2 of each.  Stir in about 2 cups buttermilk and fresh grated garlic and about 10 healthy splashes of redhot give or take.  The mix kinda foams and fluffs up.  Then dip the floured steak into the foamy buttermilk and then back into the flour.  I cook that on cast iron with lard quickly.  I also take okra and follow the same process.  Put them over some garlic smashed potatoes.  Then go find a comfy place to lay down.  

do you make a country gravy to go over it...... its a must!  sounds so good! 

10 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I just took venison out for this tonight.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, crappyice said:

AND who the hell eats STEW in July!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhhh, people who are hungry and have venison in the freezer! I used to work some long hard days in construction, and coming home to a fully cooked meal from the crock pot was a blessing. I'm not a big fan of fancy stuff, and even grilling is work after a long day. And I really like stew. I even buy cans of Dinty Moore when I go camping, and I enjoy it.

• Like 2

And now I want THAT!!!! I hear it’s best to use bacon grease as the fat in the roux —-any experience with that???

I prefer dripping from breakfast sausage

6 minutes ago, crappyice said:

That’s about how cooked I like my straps too although many would say those are burnt! they may be a touch deep for my liking but they are just about perfect. Little horseradish dipping sauce would be killer!

I took one for team and took a end cut. My wife and kids are vampires and like it rare. they ate the middle which was med rare/rare

• Like 1

Started off smoking boneless chicken breasts with thin coat of mayo then dusted with Bionic’s chicken rub. 70f86ff838dc112aa7446e3c775ff73e.jpg
Then diced chicken into little cubes and tossed in bbq sauce 5540f112bd950ba495c2d15083016a84.jpg
Each Scoop chip gets a piece of chicken, pinch of taco cheese , few drops of Mighty Taco sauce In oven for few minutes and topped with a dab of sour cream We ate it all. Girls favorite d502ed34d2a45471fa62eb3d931ac7e7.jpg009f75cbc5a8dae77ea77627ea8536b3.jpg

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Started off smoking boneless chicken breasts with thin coat of mayo then dusted with Bionic’s chicken rub. 70f86ff838dc112aa7446e3c775ff73e.jpg
Then diced chicken into little cubes and tossed in bbq sauce 5540f112bd950ba495c2d15083016a84.jpg
Each Scoop chip gets a piece of chicken, pinch of taco cheese , few drops of Mighty Taco sauce In oven for few minutes and topped with a dab of sour cream We ate it all. Girls favorite d502ed34d2a45471fa62eb3d931ac7e7.jpg009f75cbc5a8dae77ea77627ea8536b3.jpg

Mighty work of arts...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, crappyice said:

Anyone find any fiddleheads yet either in the woods or supermarket?

Just checked with Dino rocks who gave me some last year. He checked per my inquisition. Nothing yet. But be careful as only one edible in this area and others NOT good to eat.  Little balsamic glaze yum