What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Tried an aging kit. Did a small rib roast. Raining so I cooked one in the cast iron then to the oven to finish it off. It wasn’t bad but to me it’s not worth the wait. I’d rather have a 28 hour old steak then a 28 day. Just me
55e84aae6ab8582ceec139716d4f7acb.jpgbae19475cee245c7447d5bfdf3705184.jpg
e6fa3dc563c3857d8610cb7a0c6614d3.jpg
I have to kits left if anyone wants to give it a shot. All you need is the meat,vacuum sealer and a refrigerator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I made an “Italian Pot Roast” with a venison neck I had in the freezer.   Sorry, no pics, but it did happen.  I will tell you what: I will never, never, ever use the neck for grind or anything else. It was awesome!!  Both wife and daughter loved it and they knew where on the deer it came from!  

• Like 5

I made an “Italian Pot Roast” with a venison neck I had in the freezer.   Sorry, no pics, but it did happen.  I will tell you what: I will never, never, ever use the neck for grind or anything else. It was awesome!!  Both wife and daughter loved it and they knew where on the deer it came from!  
It's a great cut. Not sure of the recipe for an Italian pot roast but all my necks end up in the crock pot for a pot roast. It is very underrated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

Tried an aging kit. Did a small rib roast. Raining so I cooked one in the cast iron then to the oven to finish it off. It wasn’t bad but to me it’s not worth the wait. I’d rather have a 28 hour old steak then a 28 day. Just me
55e84aae6ab8582ceec139716d4f7acb.jpgbae19475cee245c7447d5bfdf3705184.jpg
e6fa3dc563c3857d8610cb7a0c6614d3.jpg
I have to kits left if anyone wants to give it a shot. All you need is the meat,vacuum sealer and a refrigerator.

What is the kit? I enjoy dry aging, sorry you didn't

Moooooore!
sausage, garlic, ricotta, etc 
186EF355-2D96-44FD-A607-FF7C6AFDE9B0.thumb.jpeg.039f99b2dfcc4d848c3624ee597b3dd1.jpeg
3A236835-A695-4CB6-A5E7-A7870C3013A3.thumb.jpeg.3e407e3298940b0c85f5035c7a727823.jpeg

A suggestion for the future- roasted garlic paste as the base of a white pizza (Mozz and ricotta). Cut the pointy ends off three heads of garlic - put cut ends up in a foil square; drizzle olive oil; fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt. Fold pouch and put in toaster over (450) for 15- 20 minutes or until mushy. Let cool- squeeze out the garlic; mash it up and thin with more oil and even some water until consistency of chunky BBQ sauce. Spread your dough and then with the back of spoon spread the paste like a sauce but use a lot less than tomato sauce. Make sure to hit the crust with the garlic paste.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

A suggestion for the future- roasted garlic paste as the base of a white pizza (Mozz and ricotta). Cut the pointy ends off three heads of garlic - put cut ends up in a foil square; drizzle olive oil; fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt. Fold pouch and put in toaster over (450) for 15- 20 minutes or until mushy. Let cool- squeeze out the garlic; mash it up and thin with more oil and even some water until consistency of chunky BBQ sauce. Spread your dough and then with the back of spoon spread the paste like a sauce but use a lot less than tomato sauce. Make sure to hit the crust with the garlic paste.

I like where you are taking me with this!  We love white pie, i have not gone all out with the garlic prep you describe, but I am open minded, and will try it! Thank you.  I am still experimenting with the temps/times though, so one step at a time....but omg this stone is just beyond amazing 

PS this was not a white pie by the way, incase you thought so.  Just dollops of ricotta nom noms

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tarheel95 said:

It's a great cut. Not sure of the recipe for an Italian pot roast but all my necks end up in the crock pot for a pot roast. It is very underrated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

It’s in Hank Shaw’s cookbook “Buck, Buck, Moose”.  I don’t see it online.  

Brined and smoked turkey came out fantastic. My electric smoker went kaputzki on the last hour so it hit the oven for that. Rain and a crap plastic cover over touch panel no bueno!
17c7738ce906324d595f0ea8df200917.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure yet what we want to have.Ordering from local joint I myself needs some pasta thinking of the Fettuccini  Alfredo with grilled chicken.We cook for all weekend for the family and not feeling like going out or cooking tonight.For ideas Freshco 22 is the menu.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

The crab poppers were good but I like my bbq style ones better.

ad4f4d4d9af9cd8705629e48cf1e90bd.jpg

Help me out Fletch I saw this and went grocery shopping today in hopes I could duplicate these. Just cream cheese and crab wrapped with bacon?

2 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Help me out Fletch I saw this and went grocery shopping today in hopes I could duplicate these. Just cream cheese and crab wrapped with bacon?

Lots of Old Bay seasoning as well, but yes recipe in Smoking forum..

• Like 1