What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

10 hours ago, crappyice said:

More pics , Man! Whatcha got there? Inside? Outside? Type of wood? Temps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the smoke chamber of my masonry heater i built in my house last year. Its main job is heating,but you can cook in it when the fire has died down. My father,brother and nephew are visiting from Germany and we had a pizza party. We made almost ten different ones. Temperature in the heater was probably around 800F. I have an infrared thermometer,but those only read surface temps,and the bricks were at 500 F.

20181014_182126.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

That is the smoke chamber of my masonry heater i built in my house last year. Its main job is heating,but you can cook in it when the fire has died down. My father,brother and nephew are visiting from Germany and we had a pizza party. We made almost ten different ones. Temperature in the heater was probably around 800F. I have an infrared thermometer,but those only read surface temps,and the bricks were at 500 F.

20181014_182126.jpg

Well, that's pretty awesome!

20181014_182126.thumb.jpg.2d1e70e03cccfd0cc7e413bbe96680fe.jpg

f56098d184b26bbc659bbfa97e364074.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Do you brine in a metal pot? I was always told ceramic or glass. Not criticizing, just wondering.

I did but I have never done it before- just whipped up a brine and threw it in