What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

7 minutes ago, Paula said:

Can you describe the taste?

Its a Peri Peri sauce made with these little tiny chile peppers that are always for sale on street corners dried......some garlic/onions/lemon backround. I think its somewhat on the sweet side but has more flavors then typical hot sauce ; designed for chicken thats grilled. Its not just adding heat.

My first stop on any trip into southern Africa is a Nandos for a 1/2 chicken, chips (french fries), and a Smirnoff ice made with vodka.

Til next year when I can eat the real thing, doing my own will have to do.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Its a Peri Peri sauce made with these little tiny chile peppers that are always for sale on street corners dried......some garlic/onions/lemon backround. I think its somewhat on the sweet side but has more flavors then typical hot sauce ; designed for chicken thats grilled. Its not just adding heat.

My first stop on any trip into southern Africa is a Nandos for a 1/2 chicken, chips (french fries), and a Smirnoff ice made with vodka.

Til next year when I can eat the real thing, doing my own will have to do.

Sounds good

Sounds good

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Lunch at work. Grilled turkey, candied bacon , cranberry herb mayo, provolone on wheat berry bread 53d2afceb672cb227ac9da2d2c24fb41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TF that is stellar!  Damn you live right - except its at work instead of at home with a good beer i suppose.  but nice!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Lunch at work. Grilled turkey, candied bacon , cranberry herb mayo, provolone on wheat berry bread 53d2afceb672cb227ac9da2d2c24fb41.jpg

That looked so good.I decided to make Tuna melts topped with bacon for dinner.

• Like 1

The Mermaid is an old farm girl and has always talked about the codfish gravy her Mom used to make and serve over bisquits or taters...I had never had it, and hesitated to try it because salt cod ( which used to be dirt cheap) is now $10  a pound...

I finally decide d to bite the bullet and try it...Looked up several recipes on the net and fixed some tonite...

IT SUCKED  !!   Could be that I screwed it up, but I'll never try it again....

Besides that, it left the kitchen smelling like a Saigon whorehouse....Of course that is not necessarily a BAD thing....Hehehe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The Mermaid is an old farm girl and has always talked about the codfish gravy her Mom used to make and serve over bisquits or taters...I had never had it, and hesitated to try it because salt cod ( which used to be dirt cheap) is now $10  a pound...
I finally decide d to bite the bullet and try it...Looked up several recipes on the net and fixed some tonite...
IT SUCKED  !!   Could be that I screwed it up, but I'll never try it again....
Besides that, it left the kitchen smelling like a Saigon whorehouse....Of course that is not necessarily a BAD thing....Hehehe...

Mabel’s House of Horrors

• Like 1

A few ounces of chicken and raw vegetables. I eat light , and don’t drink most of the week.....

To many parties, baseball games and other events this time of year ,not to cut  back somewhere . Averaging two retirement parties a week, all month, plus normal social activity’s .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Get off my lawn and stop looking in my window!!!!
c8a8034f6204d2d255c3eeb156ee4323.jpg
Those are asparagus, not green beans, by the way

Sorry my friend I do not creep on anyone,Those pork&beans are a meal of their own.

• Like 1

Made Mac and cheese with little smokies in it and added in some Nundas horseradish/Caraway mustard and put it in the smoker. Yum.  
IMG_20190530_121721118.thumb.jpg.fa14e06c622b084a0750aa0fe8b76017.jpg
IMG_20190530_122339483.thumb.jpg.acbe892425bd3630a1220af8d458835b.jpg

Smoked Mack and cheese is the best, I do it every year at thanks giving now. First time was a accident. I was using the electric smoker to hot hold some food and didn’t realize there was still chips in the hopper. Now it’s a staple every year

• Like 3