What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

2 hours ago, tarheel95 said:

Venison Korean slow cook bbq. Served with green onions and sprouts over sushi rice.

First time trying it, no left overs so it must be okay. b097cf921b8fd792d2f575c0c341f5c2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My neighbor, now deceased, was Japanese and made the most incredible "sticky rice" imaginable. Plump sweet and juicy. Her rice cooker was over 100 years old and she promised to give it to me. Her daughter sold it after she died and said "tough sh**". A real sweet-heart there.

We're coming up on the five year anniversary of this thread and you folks do a great job every day of posting amazing recipes and photos. Is there something else we could do? I don't have any money, so don't even suggest some sort of contest with a cash payout. Ain't gonna happen.

Maybe a members "best of the best recipes" or something. Something that you learned here and turned into a regular meal that you didn't have before.

We're coming up on the five year anniversary of this thread and you folks do a great job every day of posting amazing recipes and photos. Is there something else we could do? I don't have any money, so don't even suggest some sort of contest with a cash payout. Ain't gonna happen.
Maybe a members "best of the best recipes" or something. Something that you learned here and turned into a regular meal that you didn't have before.

February-March seems like the down time of no hunting. Maybe a get together where everyone brings a tray of something. So it’s buffet style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 1:55 PM, Bionic said:

Thank you! I believe you had complimented the presentations in the past, actually, but I appreciate it a lot.  You never mentioned the resemblance to your products by professionals which is really cool to hear! I always liked taking pics no matter what it is, and always try to make the pic look exactly how it is seen by eye, if that makes sense.

Your home is beautiful so thats a great backdrop too

• Thanks 1

My brother in law is an excellent cook so we asked him to come up with a dipping sauce for our fish fry. He said "Ill grab something pre made I dont know what to make!" I told the guys to relax, hes going to create something good. We get back to camp and hes dicing fresh ginger, shallots, scallions, and garlic to mix with rice wine vinegar and soy sauce. It was outstanding. He even made a hotter version with crushed red pepper

9f40f1b3b2b9f71e803d476a2eb8b20f.jpg97b55c153d0960eb2d0757edb7251d18.jpg8e3c03c584f53518b96f0919f66754f9.jpg

• Like 7

On 6/9/2019 at 9:16 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

February-March seems like the down time of no hunting. Maybe a get together where everyone brings a tray of something. So it’s buffet style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be great, but someone would have to host it. A bar can't serve food other than their own, as a general rule. Anacone's Inn in Buffalo we used to get away with it but it was mostly because Anacone's was an old-time cop bar and nobody bothered them, or us. I really miss that place.

I live in an 800 SF shack on the edge of the woods. Four or five cars would be a crowd on my lawn. As much as would like to host a party, it's not really practical. And I'm not driving to Westchester. I rarely leave my area code any more.

• Like 1