What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Venison carne guisada, carmelized onion, fresh cilantro on toasted tortilla. a42d4c27e10ba9e9491f31c4bcb3598c.jpg&key=5ffa9440f3e40dc17fb315ae825d7c73b541015f37416d1be9fd8c1aafbf5b01

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

START TALKING....what I am I drooling over? Homemade? if so(and I hope so cuz I am hoping to try it !) care to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

That looks delicious as hell!!! 

Sure was!  My Italian summer comfort foods: caprese salad, proscuitto, aged cheese and shrimp cocktail.  I also put out cracked pepper & olive oil Triscuts, red pepper humus and extra spicy cocktail sauce.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

Sure was!  My Italian summer comfort foods: caprese salad, proscuitto, aged cheese and shrimp cocktail.  I also put out cracked pepper & olive oil Triscuts, red pepper humus and extra spicy cocktail sauce.  

Lol.  My lunch today was cracked pepper and olive oil triscuits, Genoa salami, pepper jack and red pepper humus.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Reverse sear?!? I’m curious

I believe there is a more professional approach , what i did was . I put a wire rack on a cookie sheet and into the preheated oven at 300 , i put the thermometer in one of the steaks and removed when the internal temp was 130 (medium rare ish), removed and wrapped in foil and then a towel for 10 minutes while i got the searing burner on the grill as hot as it would go . Removed from foil and did a minute per side . Brought inside and took a couple pictures for the forum and then enjoyed. 

EDIT: I put some Montreal steak seasoning on before putting in the oven. 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 3

I believe there is a more professional approach , what i did was . I put a wire rack on a cookie sheet and into the preheated oven at 300 , i put the thermometer in one of the steaks and removed when the internal temp was 130 (medium rare ish), removed and wrapped in foil and then a towel for 10 minutes while i got the searing burner on the grill as hot as it would go . Removed from foil and did a minute per side . Brought inside and took a couple pictures for the forum and then enjoyed. 

EDIT: I put some Montreal steak seasoning on before putting in the oven. 

Hot damn...it’s on the list for a must try

16 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Daughters in Colorado. Went to food truck rally in Fort Collins. Big ole pots of paella. I’d snorkel in there ! a4a8763c013be27ce0bffc7119c7c8fd.jpg

oh yea!  I need me a big ole paella pan like that!!

• Like 1