What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Woefully under-wowed by my meal with Mrs Crappy tonight at Cafe Tosco in The Boston area(Hingham). Got talked into the fig, goat cheese, pancetta pizza...my fault...pizza outside of SE NY?!?
Burger sounded amazing-aged cheddar, truffle mayo; shaved pork cheeks with truffle fries and shaved parm. ...somehow that burger was bland - too many good flavors combos for that to be bland but leave it to MA to F it up!
Mrs has chicken over spinach risotto- BLAND!?$?
No pics- cause looks were definitely deceiving .

We rarely eat out so it makes disappointing meals more disappointing. Seafood place (Jakes in Hull) I wanted to go to had an hour+ wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

Had a thunderstorm come through, tree went down up the road, took the lines down, so we have been without power since 3ish...we already had plans to go to a local restaurant bar on the lake a half mile away with my dad, and his girlfriend.  Well they were out of power too, and the whole reason we all were going was because they were having a band my dad used to always go see more local to him.  Well the band could not play due to no electric apparently, and then they announced that they were closing at 6 due to power being out.  So, we had a couple beers together, then my dad, and his girlfriend went home, and Jenn drove us to a sports bar about 20 mins away where here, and I had a burger/fries.  We were STARVING, I purposely hadn’t eaten all day since I never ate at the original restaurant before, and wanted to try it.  Well after we ate at the second place, we went to our favorite pizzeria which is about 2 mins from where we ate, and grabbed a few slices for tomorrow’s lunch....then she wanted ice cream, so we grabbed a couple box push cones from the gas station.  I am stuffed.  Funny how our day/night turned out, feels like I am on vacation.

60C0B6FC-2D38-4A5E-9D18-742088685342.jpeg

980798A0-48C8-49A4-B7CF-A10B7FF8759B.jpeg

• Like 2

Those are some big mud bugs/did they squeeel when dropped in the boil?

Na I put in freezer for 20 minutes prior to boil. Puts them to sleep. The squeal you hear once in a while is air squeezing outa shell.

The start of some BBQ ribs. Don’t have a smoker and didn’t feel like the oven or crock pot so trying them in the gas grill.
8b1fea8991c74a0ef5c9314b568ec471.jpg&key=bc5054f062dbe414b4a5799f94b78cbc8be5bb420918a5b6261af73c83696f21

Hope they taste as good as they look!
c97ce3b7b4c9e061601ae56e0a24f52a.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/30/2019 at 11:53 PM, Thejerkman said:

Buy a piece of fresh mozzarella drizzle and sprinkle some salt

So i tried that, not a huge fan, but it wasn’t bad....i prefer to eat fresh mozzarella like a candy bar myself.  Could be crap oil though, I will keep playing though:good: