What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

On 7/12/2019 at 7:26 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ok I had to find this post; I just marinaded one in a lemon juice/soy/Worcester/olive oil concoction for close to four hours and it came out fantastic! As good as any steak I’ve grilled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome! Glad it worked for you, nice job.

• Like 1

Pork roast wrapped in bacon, cooked in the crockpot for 6 hours in a Rasberry Chipotle barbecue sauce, and chunks of pineapple.

Should end up to be one of the best pulled pork roasts I made, doubt I'll have any leftovers after my son and his family come over for dinner.dc7603d8d18c6d767bc3c7f449ae97c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

That gave me a memory of a long time ago... Every weekend in the summer was spent with Dad at camp.  Glad u get to enjoy those times.  

I do feel very fortunate to be able to spend so much time with him, I cannot imagine life any other way, makes me sad thinking otherwise with what you are telling me.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I do feel very fortunate to be able to spend so much time with him, I cannot imagine life any other way, makes me sad thinking otherwise with what you are telling me.  

Sorry didn't mean to bring ya down. That brought up nothing but great memories!  My Dad and I out trout fishing every morn and then BBQ at camp after.  Was such great times. Loved our little camp in the woods. It wasn't much but had great times there. Could walk down to chase lake to swim and fish, and hunted some in the area. Lots of great trout streams. My uncle had a camp next door and we knew a few people that camped there.We would play nickel dime poker half the night and laugh and have a few beers. 

Was thirty years ago and seems like yesterday. 

Anyway won't muddy up the dinner thread with my ramblings....lol. 

But we used to have a trout and bacon and eggs for breakfast many a day!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Sorry didn't mean to bring ya down. That brought up nothing but great memories!  My Dad and I out trout fishing every morn and then BBQ at camp after.  Was such great times. Loved our little camp in the woods. It wasn't much but had great times there. Could walk down to chase lake to swim and fish, and hunted some in the area. Lots of great trout streams. My uncle had a camp next door and we knew a few people that camped there.We would play nickel dime poker half the night and laugh and have a few beers. 

Was thirty years ago and seems like yesterday. 

Anyway won't muddy up the dinner thread with my ramblings....lol. 

But we used to have a trout and bacon and eggs for breakfast many a day!  

That is a great story, really is, you didn’t really bring me down, no worries....these posts are what its all about! I an happy to bring some good thoughts to you from what I post.  Your story reminds me of my life...we make the best of what we have, and enjoy it as much as we can...its not what you have, its what is shared with family.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

On the cape this week.  No pic but after a day at the beach stopped at the fish market on way back to house. Cooked up some shrimp, scallops, cod, crab cake, stuffed quahog and some beach bread. It was good.. 

That sounds fantastic!   Took a cooler with to load up for return trip home I’d hope   What is beach bread though ? 

10 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

That sounds fantastic!   Took a cooler with to load up for return trip home I’d hope   What is beach bread though ? 

We always bring home some cod and local scallops. Unfortunately though the cod out here isn't local anymore - overfished. However they fly in a plane every day from Iceland to distribute to the fish markets. Way fresher than can get at home. Beach bread is a loaf of French bread sliced lengthwise, spread with garlic butter,  mozz and cheddar cheese - basically cheesey garlic bread. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Mrs TF made homemade chorizo burgers , topped with avocado, red onion , dab of sour cream, salsa verde , jalapeño cheddar cheese. Solid ! Slice of banana bread with tiny pat of butter for dessert e0c75a1a34853253aec7bb28c8b3fd1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds delicious,i am about to fall asleep,but now i am drooling.

• Like 1