What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

10 hours ago, crappyice said:

1557d6df657ae93f26831aa6a3634cd5.jpg&key=101ffa089752beb81653baf51d1f7a12004bb0ea714544a37da131a0c9a36deb

Homemade venison sausage - really like how this come out so made another 10+ pounds yesterday

50fa63f1716e5f6699eb5b3410ee76b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what kind/flavor did you make?  looks great 

And it feels like Deer meat as I have to look thru all that brush to find it.   Were you outside eating under a tree maybe........

Edited by Robhuntandfish

12 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Help me out, how did ypu cook them what temp etc....they look damn good.

Cornell chicken marinade recipe. Marinated for 3 or 4 hours. Cook indirect heat around 325, basting every 20 minutes or so and finish directly over the coals for last 10 to 15 minutes. Tough to give an exact time. They are done when internal temp hits 165-170. These took about 2 hours. 

• Like 2

what kind/flavor did you make?  looks great 
And it feels like Deer meat as I have to look thru all that brush to find it.   Were you outside eating under a tree maybe........

Just regular Italian sausage using the following Mossy Oak process below:
https://www.mossyoak.com/our-obsession/blogs/recipes/diy-venison-sausage-recipes-equipment-and-more

I had a hard time getting the right consistency before using this site so now I can start playing with the flavors although I really like these so may just keep using it.

Really looking for a good DIY salami recipe and process next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Smoked and then crock pot till shredded with a stir ? 

Smoked for a good 8-9 hours then foiled and left in for another 5 or so. Coolered for 2 hours then pulled. I don't usually crock pot. Apple juice and foil works like a dream. Also I don't have crockpots for 15 to 60 pounds of butts as I never do just one. I did put up a bunch of one pound packs to freeze and go off with the kid to college and a couple to some close friends.

• Like 3