What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

52dadc84cbbb15d98b79b4d1cce88c08.jpg&key=aabb14d317f3334728668132d797f2b8a1aa7a2872e80f7520f5f3ee1e93c5c4
Matcha a burritos with horseradish sauce at Coyote Cafe in Hamburg. Yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Almost stopped there yesterday for lunch but the wife and I opted for Buteras next door.....can't beat their Beef on Weck brick oven pizza!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

interesting and a hard no

My buddy had a share of 4 pigs- heads were getting tossed so i said i would take 2 if they split them which they did (skin off unfortunately)
Giving this process a chance today:

http://lavarenne.com/recipe/fergus-hendersons-slow-roast-pigs-head/

Really trying to replicate the BBQ PIG HEAD i had at the Greenhouse Tavern in Cleveland.... http://www.thegreenhousetavern.com

i know this recipe works with some different flavors from the one i had. Seeing how cook times and meat yield with this trial run

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

Tasty for sure.../yields enough for two. I cant eat too much though since its so rich and fatty(in a good way!)

How hard was it to clean? I seen on a cooking show a place that offered the heads, I read up on it since I had ordered a pig. Lots of cleaning of teeth, ears and nostrils I think. Eww. 

Did you eat an eye, I think they said they are creamy like. 

How hard was it to clean? I seen on a cooking show a place that offered the heads, I read up on it since I had ordered a pig. Lots of cleaning of teeth, ears and nostrils I think. Eww. 
Did you eat an eye, I think they said they are creamy like. 

I was supposed to clean it????

This head was skinned(-no ears either) and split so much of the yucky bits were cleaned already. I did rinse it thoroughly and scrub all the cut crevices. I did not taste an eye...didn’t love the tongue as i hoped i would...may cancel my plan of trying a deer tongue this year(if a deer ever shows up).

22 hours ago, crappyice said:

I was supposed to clean it????

This head was skinned(emoji26.png-no ears either) and split so much of the yucky bits were cleaned already. I did rinse it thoroughly and scrub all the cut crevices. I did not taste an eye...didn’t love the tongue as i hoped i would...may cancel my plan of trying a deer tongue this year(if a deer ever shows up).

My buddy boiled the tongue removed to outer layer and then smoked it.  Quite delicious.

Edited by Otto
  • Like 1