What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Pat's is way better

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Way better is a stretch but I agree pats is overall better - Pats loads the meat and cheese and had better browner onions. Geno’e is just about as good with slightly higher quality meat from what I could tell.

One twin liked Genos, the other liked Pats; Mrs Crappy prefers my venison cheesesteaks over both(not as greasy or cheesy)...daughter had fries...duh

FYI - 5000m rowing race in the rain f’s up your hands
261d3d810709a43e30219bd55ac12efc.jpg

Check out the waterfall after the race as my kid (left) flipped the boat to carry it
861730e05285d9b4fcea0e2a4a994319.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Way better is a stretch but I agree pats is overall better - Pats loads the meat and cheese and had better browner onions. Geno’e is just about as good with slightly higher quality meat from what I could tell.

One twin liked Genos, the other liked Pats; Mrs Crappy prefers my venison cheesesteaks over both(not as greasy or cheesy)...daughter had fries...duh

FYI - 5000m rowing race in the rain f’s up your hands
261d3d810709a43e30219bd55ac12efc.jpg&key=398c2e5ea05077d6cdb1f843ce2870c6a546a3559e570f72d169703028535f4a

Check out the waterfall after the race as my kid (left) flipped the boat to carry it
861730e05285d9b4fcea0e2a4a994319.jpg&key=5bca25f333d51204292452b7dc5224d0901de3cd28de44a56baf8bdf3f061429

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually maybe Geno's is better I can't remember which I preferred. Its been probably 7 or 8 years since I last was in Philly and vowed never to return again. Such a dumphole of a city. Beautiful architecture but the people I'd rather steer clear of. Too much crime

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hmmm.  All this talk of backstraps on live thread and look what we be having.  Chilied onions. Baked taters with sour cream , shredded cheddar and Bionics tater topping. Notice the fine glassware for the coffee wine. Pot  of venison chili for tomorrow. Our kitchen going full remodel starting in morning   Thinking take out food will soon be my posts for the next few weeks

BC0784D7-A63E-430E-A820-FE1F839D5ACC.jpeg

550F558D-6DB9-442E-A23D-80D5FAA3D5D4.jpeg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, reno223556 said:

Koji dry aged steak.  Look it up, and try it. Its easy and tastes excellent.

20191025_205625.jpg

Interesting. Wife just did some research   Might try this. Thanks for posting   48 hours versus 45 days. Going to try with venison 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Interesting. Wife just did some research   Might try this. Thanks for posting   48 hours versus 45 days. Going to try with venison 

Id suggest making a paste with the koji. Add water and let it sit for three days on a rack. $75 at a local restaurant... near free at home. I wouldn't make another steak any other way. Thats my parents last cow.  Scottish highland.

Edited by reno223556
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, reno223556 said:

Id suggest making a paste with the koji. Add water and let it sit for three days on a rack. $75 at a local restaurant... near free at home. I wouldn't make another steak any other way. Thats my parents last cow.  Scottish highland.

Put rack in fridge ? We want to do this   But going to try with venison. How’d you cook then ? We love to get cast iron as hot as can , quick sear then skillet in oven. The way we did chops tonight 

Out of likes but the place was really cool.  I have never seen turkey liver on any menu anywhere, so I had to go for it.  I am happy i did so.  Owner or manager came over midway through dinner and asked me how I liked it... Thumbs up all the way!

I used to take the wife for a ride out to Spragues to peep leaves just before hunting season. Funny story: a co-worker asked a guy from Olean to take him turkey hunting. He left Amherst at 3am, made the drive, they hiked in and setup to listen and had multiple birds sounding off all morning. Couldn't get any to come in. Turned out the guy took him in behind Spragues and it was the penned birds! And the best part, he did it on purpose
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3