What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

On 11/3/2019 at 8:28 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

Good base recipe but seems like a lot of heat for sure.  Take out the heat on that recipe and use some chopped cherry peppers instead and that's about Utica style and the way i make them.  Good stuff. 

Spent a couple years in Utica. My favorite riggi's place used sliced cherry peppers to provide the spice...every bite is was not spicy but when you got a bite of the cherry pepper it was there. Every place has their own take on the dish. Riggi's is really good stuff. 

8 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

Spent a couple years in Utica. My favorite riggi's place used sliced cherry peppers to provide the spice...every bite is was not spicy but when you got a bite of the cherry pepper it was there. Every place has their own take on the dish. Riggi's is really good stuff. 

Hope you made it to Pelleteri Joe's.  Good italian food and don't ask for butter!  Lol

23 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Hope you made it to Pelleteri Joe's.  Good italian food and don't ask for butter!  Lol

Never made it there. I was in college (late 90s) so didn't seek out the best places. Mostly bars and places with good happy hours. McGill's was the place I was referencing for riggi's. Just remember it being one of the best pasta dishes ever and wife and I still cook our version at home.

2 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

Never made it there. I was in college (late 90s) so didn't seek out the best places. Mostly bars and places with good happy hours. McGill's was the place I was referencing for riggi's. Just remember it being one of the best pasta dishes ever and wife and I still cook our version at home.

McGill's is def good. Joe's is a little local hole in the wall but very popular in Utica. 

• Like 1

821df4c27e0c7f7028bc06931f782019.jpg&key=00563bc7ce454c66d8c58858f5cb857be1edfcd635486427f6d88a62000f1785

Cant get much fresher than these deer heart “donuts” and some rosemary pickled mushrooms from last spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. I never kept a heart. I should have kept you mine. Looked like a good one?

3563fc1c37aea93e9122e51b8ff43ce0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk