What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

That like pupa ( inactive form of an insect between larva and adult ) ?  Auditioning for fear factor ?!  

Gee I am shocked to see that you and all your fine Italian dining experiences (making pizza into a burrito!) don’t know that puppa is octopus and Highridge Fish (Biz was just there so it must be meh) does it good!

I also had this

56f687211f935b499fee6e802edbf46b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Yelling goat. Eithiopian beef lentil soup. Berbere wings and a Sloop cyber punk NEIPA 3312371ed525b77a46ab3f6fbdf13512.jpg812f98a5fb0c1d6509e897c1cbae8a1e.jpg. Go Tigers !

Jeez we need to start calling you "Iron Gut".    I'd be screwed, blued and tattooed if I ate & drank that combo........

• Haha 1

Last night at Cathedrale in East Village

Steak tartar, baquet (with rotisserie chicken drippings not pictured), langoustine, grilled oyster mushrooms, rotisserie chicken, diver scallops with black truffles, and apple stuffed beignets.

IMG_5503.jpg

IMG_5504.jpg

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5640.jpg

IMG_5641.jpg

IMG_5642.jpg

IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Costanzas venison cheddar bologna , with onions fried on homemade bread from a friend. Hot n sour soup with pork n shrooms , pumpkin breakfast cookies. What a lunch ! df243f90f19f931c5002e7639068b707.jpg17f1048ffbb6003476a0251a5769acc2.jpg

that sammich looks killer!!!!!!    but need info on pumpkin breakfast cookies.... what be those?

1 hour ago, NockednLoaded said:

@Elmo Out of curiosity what would a dinner for two with drinks like that cost? Curious- looks delicious 

We ordered 4 apps, 2 entrees, and 3 drinks.  Bill was $215, not counting tip.  For 2 it was a lot of food.  We didn't clean the plates.

That being said, The Tao Group which owns several similar restaurants and night clubs around the world is known for the grand venues, ambience, and décor but to me, their food is good but you can also find better food elsewhere.  Cathedrale is their newest location.  It opened around 3 months ago so we wanted to try it.  It specializes in French cuisines.  Tao Uptown is to me still their best visual location in the city.  It's cuisine is Asian Fusion.

• Like 3

Now that deer season is over I will be back to cooking regularly!! I did do a fantastic spatchcocked smoked 15 pound turkey Sunday that was well received. Had it in brine it for 3 days prior. Man it was good.

Sorry no pics.

Doing some wild hog tonight.

• Like 3