What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

c4d6790f10e136056b513b61474eec3f.jpg&key=1624779f2186e814679b7f511953e1079105ed00a60fc5819abf5912def0f41a
Fridge clearing dinner...venison stew and venison Osso Bucco with cheesy grits from breakfast (hit with truffle oil!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks amazing. Have you ever tried to sear or grill the grits when they firm up like that

Air fried pork tenderloin rubbed with coffee rub , garlic powder, brown sugar. Loaded baked taters with Bionic’s tater topping 279bf26eb2b152baa5c151ba3cc7215b.jpg&key=3478f336a6b8b7afb6ec5edf97b1cef3412f116fe5472375e6910e8efeda7a9f

How do you air fry it? I usually grill pan mine but definitely may have to try air frying my next one. Gonna text you now

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

c2d5f5cbfa8d4a44dd4c80b6fd9f68ad.jpg&key=2f8eec73451ee20c37c6bba9d40ac99b515e7eb9af765d545563fbc25555ddb6

Too tasty to worry about presentation tonight...venison Osso Buco....9 pounds of boneless shanks cooked for 3 hours in venison stock, red wine and veg.
House smells like happiness.

Can't be osso buco if there's no bones!

Can't be osso buco if there's no bones!

Or it could be boneless cause that shit takes too much freezer space- especially when I have shanks from 5+ deer. The bones were already processed into stock...which is in the stew!

• Like 1

Or it could be boneless cause that shit takes too much freezer space- especially when I have shanks from 5+ deer. The bones were already processed into stock...which is in the stew!

Blasphemy!

So I found a frozen duck that I had left over from a box of samples I had from work. Decided to pull the breast off which will be tomorrow’s dinner, the legs and some of the fat will be made into confit and ultimately cassoulet.

The rest is being roasted for duck stock. Not really sure what I’m going to do with it but I’m making duck stock

a7a2d84d125652a9c7e0db31c9fb873c.jpg&key=16e137c97ff34d6b47238b370a27e4bf2edc32ffc4dda2c3cee1ccf2dee807c2
684cfe584d18b63b6bef2928507ee542.jpg&key=3f714a7040d86d41deb3b0d875a4494cb1fbd3a4cfdbf32057d014f6b846786b

Not sure I've made a cassoulet before but if someone is going to make a mean casserole it'd be you. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

So I found a frozen duck that I had left over from a box of samples I had from work. Decided to pull the breast off which will be tomorrow’s dinner, the legs and some of the fat will be made into confit and ultimately cassoulet.

The rest is being roasted for duck stock. Not really sure what I’m going to do with it but I’m making duck stock

a7a2d84d125652a9c7e0db31c9fb873c.jpg
684cfe584d18b63b6bef2928507ee542.jpg

Chef, ever see the show "Farming the wild"?  Guy gets his own game and cooks it outdoors right there.  Hes a chef in a wild game restaurant in Europe. The food he makes looks so good. One of my favorite outdoor shows.  Except he is in love with lemon zest.  Puts it on everything. Lol

Edited by Robhuntandfish

49 minutes ago, Bionic said:

You guys are KILLING IT again with these dishes!

I am just going to stop posting at this point.

X2!!!!still going to post it this time though haha.forgot smoker loaded pic....smoked chichen thighs,drumsticks(not in pic)ital sausage and a quick bagged shhhhallllad..cherry cheesecake for dessert.bed time yet??????

20200405_194119.jpg

20200405_204948.jpg

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Chef, ever see the show "Farming the wild"?  Guy gets his own game and cooks it outdoors right there.  Hes a chef in a wild game restaurant in Europe. The food he makes looks so good. One of my favorite outdoor shows.  Except he is in love with lemon zest.  Puts it on everything. Lol

Ha, I would never thought anyone on this forum knew of him, pretty popular for both hunting and cooking shows.

I use his meatball recipe as it uses cheese for fat and not adding things like ground pork or beef fat.

This guy right? Mike Robinson... this is a really good recipe and I've tried this with everything.And lemon zest!

• Like 1

Never seen it but I will find it now!

1 minute ago, Dinsdale said:

Ha, I would never thought anyone on this forum knew of him, pretty popular for both hunting and cooking shows.

I use his meatball recipe as it uses cheese for fat and not adding things like ground pork or beef fat.

This guy right? Mike Robinson... this is a really good recipe and I've tried this with everything.And lemon zest!

Yeah that's the guy. He made a sandwich of crusty bread and rabbit that just looked so good. And usually makes a few different dishes out of the animal he takes.  Fairly simple recipes and a lot made in cast iron. But they look so good. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Yeah that's the guy. He made a sandwich of crusty bread and rabbit that just looked so good. And usually makes a few different dishes out of the animal he takes.  Fairly simple recipes and a lot made in cast iron. But they look so good. 

I love that Sauer 404 hes shooting on the Leica show he does.

Love to have fallow deer that he often shoots, the cuts he does look so good. Ranks right up there with moose and caribou.

6 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Love to have fallow deer that he often shoots, the cuts he does look so good. Ranks right up there with moose and caribou.

Caribou is the best I have had. Have heard fallow deer is top of the venison chain.  

After I watched the rabbit recipe I went out rabbit hunting it looked so good.  Lol.  

I am amazed by his dogs too.  He takes them out roe and fallow deer hunting with him and they sneak along quiet right next to him.  

8 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Caribou is the best I have had. Have heard fallow deer is top of the venison chain.  

After I watched the rabbit recipe I went out rabbit hunting it looked so good.  Lol.  

I am amazed by his dogs too.  He takes them out roe and fallow deer hunting with him and they sneak along quiet right next to him.  

Just about everywhere I have hunted , having a dog with you is just standard fare. You shoot and you let the dog track, even if you see it drop dead. Saves your ass if you get one you need to track. And you don't dilly dally around, dog waits for command and you hustle your behind to keep up, they'll bay up a wounded or poor hit. I've been lucky, but saved a trophy fee once.^_^

Here you need a license and a leash or it makes you a poacher.

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 1

I've heard axis deer is way up there on the scale of venison to try. Not sure how much of that has to do with many of them being taken in Texas with supplemental feeding vs native ground around india.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I have not had Fallow but had Sitka and it was on top for me. I would rate in order of what I have had.

Sitka

Moose

Whitetail

Elk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

I've heard axis deer is way up there on the scale of venison to try. Not sure how much of that has to do with many of them being taken in Texas with supplemental feeding vs native ground around india.

I just don't know on diet. But have had fallow in South Africa, New Zealand and Spain; tremendously different diets it would seem; but outstanding on the plate in all places. Just more tender then any whitetail I have ever had, including corn fed. No gamey taste either.

But I know guys who have shot axis all over, Hawaii,South Pacific,Texas; they say same thing; it always great table fare. So theres something to the breed not always diet IMO.

• Like 1