What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

4 hours ago, crappyice said:

Not many better smells than a pot of sauce....not sure how I feel about Mama Crappy using a crock pot.
222bfcfd21109bebee07c4322278e659.jpg
I like the traditional pot on stove method better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I don’t like tomato based dishes in the crockpot.  I don’t know if on the stove it gets hotter when it simmers, or what, but even chili is always better from a pot.  My sister even said to me a few times that her red sauces never turn out as good as mine.  I don’t know....

• Like 1

Same thing, different look.

nailed it tonight, joined effort between Jenn, and I.  Shrimp soft tacos, Jenn’s homemade salsa(fresh minced garlic/corn/cilantro/corn/red onion), taco ranch Sauce, Cholula hot sauce, cilantro, avocado, romaine, tomato...really enjoyed this.

920EEE50-AB44-4EBF-8C8D-4FD0AF5CB36F.jpeg

811C6C53-BE52-4B20-87FA-54001E741C6C.jpeg

BC4BB064-B916-4D6E-8DF6-27DC58213E8E.jpeg

• Like 6

Na’an pizzas tonight... buffalo chicken and broccoli pesto.  
9EE78639-BBC0-43D0-9F7D-C8004E720264.thumb.jpeg.085e6e9e0caa73bd48a7ffb99b3c18f5.jpeg

That is a great use for those frozen nan’s! Honestly I like to toast them in the oven and melt some butter on top too they are great!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Chef said:

That is a great use for those frozen nan’s! Honestly I like to toast them in the oven and melt some butter on top too they are great!

Yea we always have a ton on na'an in the freezer... and the pizzas come out pretty good.  It's quick too, perfect weeknight meal. 

• Like 1

Pick the fiddleheads?

That was my question but I am betting they were delivered from Baldor-restaurant supplier that is doing residential deliveries now as well.
I have yet to find the edible fiddlehead while foraging.

4 minutes ago, crappyice said:

That was my question but I am betting they were delivered from Baldor-restaurant supplier that is doing residential deliveries now as well.
I have yet to find the edible fiddlehead while foraging. emoji26.png

Dinorocks hooked me up with some the last couple years. Blanched with balsamic glaze are outstanding.  Asparagus like in flavor 

• Like 1

Dinorocks hooked me up with some the last couple years. Blanched with balsamic glaze are outstanding.  Asparagus like in flavor 

I have had them at restaurants before and love them...the only ones I’ve found however are the wrong ones with all the wispy hairs-yuck

Just now, crappyice said:

I have had them at restaurants before and love them...the only ones I’ve found however are the wrong ones with all the wispy hairs-yuck

Gotta be careful as the wrong ones are dangerous to eat. About a month out on them around here I just got word.