What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

7 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I could never understand why the London Broil is a legit cut of meat. Should just be made into ground. 

You take a London broil and put in a crock pot with a packet of onion soup mix a can of mushroom gravy and can of mushroom soup and 6-8 hours later shred and have over noodles. Fall apart beef and gravy.

Or do the same with an Italian beef sandwich recipe. Boom

It is not best for grilling, though a good one tastes fine it is a tough cut.

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

If it is sliced thin and on a steep angle, it is a very flavorful and inexpensive cut of meat, worthy or any summer picnic! Also keep it to medium rare, and on the rare side if at all possible.  

Tacks, dish looks delicious! Mushrooms make it! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eaglemountainman said:

I understand, and believe me, I wish I could post photos. The problem is my old Samsung 3 is about 9 y/o and the lens is so scratched, everything comes out real hazy and fuzzy. Sorry. If it's a problem, I won't post on the thread anymore.

I was just pulling your leg.  No worries.  A detailed description is better than not posting at all.  Please keep posting.

8 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Hey it was a holiday! I actually bought some London broils, marinaded half the day and grilled them. As usual they were tough. I just hate that cut! But the best part was the mushrooms sautéed in butter with@Bionic cow rub they were great
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You need to slice London Broil thin, and on very harsh angles, that is what I do, and its tender.  Like 1/8” thick

After posting this I see Otto said the same! I believe I have had this discussion with you before TC! 

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

Taco Tuesday, so I used Bionic’s Cow Massage dry rub on steak, then thinly sliced it on a harsh angle, and made steak burritos out of it.  Melted cheddarjack, tomato, red onion, avocado, jalapeños, and taco ranch drizzle 

C7135500-D009-46E2-AE47-E65D01A2C279.jpeg

8EEBCF2B-88E6-4992-B6FE-244D209F1DCE.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

Taco Tuesday, so I used Bionic’s Cow Massage dry rub on steak, then thinly sliced it on a harsh angle, and made steak burritos out of it.  Melted cheddarjack, tomato, red onion, avocado, jalapeños, and taco ranch drizzle 

C7135500-D009-46E2-AE47-E65D01A2C279.jpeg

8EEBCF2B-88E6-4992-B6FE-244D209F1DCE.jpeg

Looks good

• Thanks 1

Can you tell me house to make the sauce?

Sure, sauté mushrooms till almost cooked, add chopped onions and sauté till onions are translucent, add 1 cup white wine or 2 shots brandy. Cook till liquid is reduced by half. Add heavy cream I used about 2.5 cups. Reduce the cream till it starts to get thick. Add 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard. Salt and pepper till it tastes good to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Strip steaks with a Buffalo blue topping and made French onion soup onion petals on the new grill. d1d4d4f477ed3a06ce0c103d9ab2c2c3.jpg&key=ea1826a7bbc4c7f317928c9c3b7b2ea52bdcd607d05904571b4efa5263eee140
ba9d4faa5c911f09e9cb55f4877aa121.jpg&key=9d9db94a8706a22c46f2bad489243d7e862bd990d3402a532d5f0ce0428a6766

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Webber time! How’d you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1